Review of Relish Your Retirement

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
SINGH JAY
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-singh-jay.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Review of Relish Your Retirement

Post by SINGH JAY »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Relish Your Retirement" by Florance Philip.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Florance Philip is the author of the book Relish Your Retirement . It was purposefully structured over eleven chapters, and each one contains a key message for her intended audience. The title of the book serves as its central theme. Every person who will be retiring soon should read it.

Florance recounts the events of each of our lives in chronological order, starting with our childhood and ending with our adulthood. She discusses the challenges we face when we are employed and the need to develop other interests once we retire. She examines the range of activities one can do once retire and classifies them into numerous skill and activity categories, highlighting the significant benefits that await someone who carefully engages in the listed activities. This adds up to hundreds of activities that one can pursue after retirement, according to the author. She points out that the most frequent obstacles one can encounter during this process are fear and doubt, but this should not be cause for discouragement. This book goes into great detail about the events.

This book has a lot of qualities that I really like. This book's author had a mind-blowing and very honourable motivation for writing it. No matter what type of obstacle you may have, the chapters' division was done with such care that it accommodates everyone. The wise sayings that are interspersed throughout the chapters convey the idea that the proposed activities have been tried out and proven effective over time. A reality check of our own lives is implied by the activities at the end of each chapter.

The book was written in short, basic terms that allow a layperson to understand the intended information. I discovered new activities that I had no idea existed. These include camel safaris, rustic camping, triathlons, geocaching, forest baths, ventriloquism, and many other activities. I will give these things a try. I particularly liked the disclaimer that one should not participate in all the activities if doing so puts their lives in peril in some chapters. This section of the book was highly thoughtful. I enjoyed reading each chapter and would read it again without hesitation.

The book has a 4 out of 4 and 5 out of 5 star rating from me. My reasoning is based on the fact that the book covered every activity one might do to enjoy retirement and the purpose behind its composition and compilation. There is not a single negative aspect or drawback to this book. It was flawlessly edited, with no errors, and perfectly conveyed the intended message.

Adults who are nearing retirement will receive my sincere recommendation for this book. They can then make the necessary plans as a result. Additionally, I will suggest it to retirees who still lack a sense of direction. This reader will guide them towards exciting pursuits that will provide them access to a beneficial level of tension and excitement.

Relish Your Retirement
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

The listed activities look fun to do. I think I'll enjoy the camel safari, rustic camping, and forest bath. These sound exciting. A retirement book with suggestions for retirement activities is commendable. Your review is amazing!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
SINGH JAY
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-singh-jay.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by SINGH JAY »

Hazel Mae Bagarinao wrote: 02 May 2023, 05:44 The listed activities look fun to do. I think I'll enjoy the camel safari, rustic camping, and forest bath. These sound exciting. A retirement book with suggestions for retirement activities is commendable. Your review is amazing!

I appreciate your time and words.
Rosandra Hosein
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 164
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosandra-hosein.html
Latest Review: A Voice from Heaven by Alexander V Girman & Cynthia J Girman

Post by Rosandra Hosein »

This was a good review. The book sounds interesting. I think I'll convince my mom to read this, maybe she'll find some retirement ideas.
Rosandra Hosein

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”