Review of Terms of Service

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Adeoluwa Adebusuyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeoluwa-adebusuyi.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Review of Terms of Service

Post by Adeoluwa Adebusuyi »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Terms of Service" by Craig W. Stanfill.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Ever consider what the world would be like under total artificial intelligence control? Your diet, wardrobe, and romantic relationships are all under AI supervision. It maintains tabs on everything you do, rewarding and punishing you as required. A comprehensive picture of what life in a world entirely controlled by artificial intelligence would be like can be explored in Craig W. Stanfill's book Terms of Service.

The book Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill is a futuristic AI novel. The protagonist, Kim, works at the Artificial Intelligence Company, where she trains and supervises the AI. Her objective was to communicate with more advanced AIs, such as an Order Four AI that could multitask, spawn over a hundred distinct personae, and individually welcome and brief each new hire. She respects all the rules and doesn't break them, despite how unjust they are. She reconnects with her old best friend, Shan. They end up breaking a few laws together, which gives them a bad reputation among the AIs. During an aimless exploration, she encounters some terrifying scenes that make her feel more uneasy and make her start to doubt the reality of her surroundings. With the system hovering over her, she finds herself in a challenging circumstance and is forced to make some challenging decisions. Will she choose to reject all she has been raised to believe in, or will she choose to carry on living a lie? To find the answers and more, you'll go on a fascinating journey through this mind-blowing book.

The book structure was very skillfully planned. I never felt as though there was too much information to process. The description of the book's contents was masterfully done and simple to understand. While being set in the future, this book never made the reader uncomfortable with unfamiliar ideas. It was easy to imagine what was being described because it was so vivid. Although there were many characters, I enjoyed how the primary attention was kept on the main protagonist.

I adored how the author created an entirely different universe. The author accurately and in great detail portrayed the world and everything in it. I adored how it conveyed the sense of being in a highly developed and computerized civilization. Another thing I saw and enjoyed was the meticulous attention to detail in every part of the work. The book Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill was written to perfection. I couldn't find any negative aspects. The book was exceptionally well edited. I would rate it 5 out of 5 stars. It was incredibly interesting and engaging.

I would highly recommend the book to readers who enjoy science fiction books. Furthermore, I would advise only older readers to read the novel because it has elements of sex and drug use.

Terms of Service
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Certified Clef
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-certified-clef.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Certified Clef »

I always love reading books based on sci-fi , would love to try it out . Thanks for the review.
Favour Hillz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-hillz.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Favour Hillz »

This is one sci-fi book I enjoyed reading. It entails the perfect description of a world ruled by technology; Couldn't have imagined of one until I read this book. This is a captivating review and your enjoyment while reading the book is captured in your review.
Agbata Charles
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-agbata-1.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Agbata Charles »

I'm a fan of sci-fiction books. And your review tells me that this will be a great read for me. Congrats on your published review

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”