Review of Free Fish Friday

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ben Filla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ben-filla.html
Latest Review: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings by Mike L Junior

Review of Free Fish Friday

Post by Ben Filla »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Free Fish Friday" by Lee Stone.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Free Fish Friday: Introducing Slacker Mills by Lee Stone is a fiction about an adventurous young man whose life takes a sudden turnaround when a particular incident happens in his new community.

Slacker Mills is a fisherman who enjoys fishing. He loves fishing so much that all he does is go fishing and tell stories about it. Meanwhile, at Key West, Slacker had met Jerry Porter, a man who had been there before Slacker but seemed to be much quieter. Slacker and Jerry bonded quite well, and they became really close friends. Jerry had the charm of letting his companions talk about themselves, but he would barely say anything about his life. Unfortunately, Jerry was found dead, and when the investigation started, no one seemed to know much about Jerry's life, not even Slacker. At one point, Slacker was pointed out as the suspect. Did Slacker kill Jerry?

Free Fish Friday: Introducing Slacker Mills by Lee Stone is the first book in the series, and it focuses on and introduces a character, Slacker Mills. It is written in first-person narrative, and the book would make one experience emotions ranging from having a good laugh to being curious. I really had a great time reading this book. The author's writing style is so good, and I was hooked on the story from the first page. The characters are all relatable. Slacker is a fella who has only been at Key West to fish and enjoy his life. Also, Jerry seems like a veteran who has been in the game for a long time, and this influences young men who are just new to fishing.

Another notable thing I enjoyed about this book is how it portrays the importance and benefits of friendship or being in the company of a friend. The friendship between Slacker and Jerry might not have lasted long, but it is a friendship I could see as a beneficial one. Jerry, being a listener and Slacker, would just talk about everything and anything. I love how the author laced the story with suspense and humor, and this really entertained me.

There was nothing I didn't like about this book, which contains some explicit content that might not be suitable for young readers. I would rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. The book is exceptionally edited, too, because I found no errors. I would recommend this book to readers who love fishing stories.

Free Fish Friday
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Youngreader720-OluwabukunmiWilliamsOso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-youngreader720-oluwabukunmiwilliamsoso.html
Latest Review: Swoosh! Shooting the Perfect Shot by Wajeedah Bilal

Post by Youngreader720-OluwabukunmiWilliamsOso »

It seems like a children's book, but since it contains explicit words, I wonder who the author intended the book for. Nonetheless, it revolves around an interesting character.
Famzi Ken
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-famzi-ken.html
Latest Review: My Pound of Flesh by William Thielman

Post by Famzi Ken »

Did Slacker kill Jerry? I'd like to know. Though I have a hunch that he didn't. Still, I'd like to read this book to know the connection between the title of this book and the death of Jerry. Great review.
Kenneth Onyenwe
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

From this review, Free Fish Friday by Lee Stone seems to a a really interesting detective book. I will read to know the cause of Jerry's death. Thanks for the review
Egenti Ignatius Chimaobi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-egenti-ignatius-chimaobi.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Egenti Ignatius Chimaobi »

:tiphat:I like that this book is suspenseful. I'd like to know if Slacker killed Jerry or not. Meanwhile nice review. The main character seems like someone I'd like. Good job
Chukwuemeka Ezema
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chukwuemeka-ezema.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Chukwuemeka Ezema »

I love this review. This book is filled with suspense. I doubt that Slacker killed his friend, Jerry, but I would like to know how things turned out. Great review.
Glory_C
Currently Reading: Keysha's Drama
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-glory-c.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Glory_C »

I wonder if Slacker actually killed Jerry. I like the way they bonded so well. Jerry has a emphatic ear, which is a commendable virtue. Thanks for a wonderful review.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

The book has an interesting plot. I look forward to reading the book to find out Slacker's killer or the cause of his death. Wonderful review welldone!!!!
Agbata Charles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-agbata-1.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Agbata Charles »

Books with a plot twists like this have a way of turning me off. I would love to know what happened to Jerry. I loved the way your review was easy to comprehend. Thanks for the great review
Moo Reny
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moo-reny.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Moo Reny »

I really like how this book portrays the importance and benefits of friendship or being in the company of a friend. The friendship between Slacker and Jerry might not have lasted long, but it is a friendship I could see as a beneficial one. 
Friendships are so important... thanks for your review
Goody book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goody-book.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Goody book »

Sounds interesting although I haven't read it. This book detective book from your review. I must say I love detective books because they are suspenseful can't wait to read this book.
Jay_shon03
Favorite Book: Butterfly Awakens
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-shon03.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Jay_shon03 »

Reading your review made me feel like I was reading the book already. I don't need a soothsayer to tell me it will be a worthwhile read
Favour Ozone
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-ozone.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Favour Ozone »

This book's plot appears to be intriguing. I'm already in love with Slacker Mills based on what I've read in your review. I'd like to read this book to find out what happened to Slacker later on.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

I read in the comment that it’s a children book, but I feel the concept sounds more mature than that. What are the secrets in Jerry’s life? This will be interesting to find out.
Thompson Grace
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thompson-grace.html
Latest Review: Give insomnia the finger by Dr Feel Good

Post by Thompson Grace »

Wow, from your review alone I can say this book is worth reading. I can't get the copy of this book. The review indeed got me thinking.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”