Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tevya Ravin
Favorite Book: The Magician's Secret
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tevya-ravin.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

Post by Tevya Ravin »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Matthew Tysz's science fiction adventure novel We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies is the first book in the series. This adventurous story is jam packed with family, friends, business, and duty on a fascinating planet.

One of the four children of the Emperor of Lullabies in the Land of Princes is Galen Bray. He relocated to Voulhire, where he inherited the business and wealth of his late uncle. Galen Bray relocated to Voulhire, which was ruled by King Wilhelm Arcolo, after escaping from the Land of Princes. As his son, Prince Darius, had little interest in politics, he was faced with the difficult decision of who would be his heir. A loyal ruler who fulfilled the oath of justice he took at his coronation, King Wilhelm was betrayed by Dalehei Meldorath because of human emotions.

The story moves along quickly, and there is magic and action almost nonstop, which is something I look for in the books I read. The language used is a little bit historical and real, and the book is well organised and simple to read. Matthew Tysz wrote this story in an unusual manner. His knowledge of Voulhire's geography is exceptional. In the book, he examines cultures, values, and the worth of a well-functioning society.

The characters are all drawn really nicely. The characters are clearly described by the author, making it simple to picture their varied traits and traits. The description of the many settings and scenes is particularly wonderful, including the ancient prisoner's magical talents and the detailed fighting sequences. Because of this, the novel is highly captivating and entertaining. I have to admit that I didn't have any issues with the book. It is a pleasure to read the entire book. Even better, when the next book in the series is released, I plan to read it.

I found no typos or errors in the book, indicating that it has been professionally edited. The majority of the novel is told from the author's third-person perspective, although there are certain other sections where he switches to Galen's first-person viewpoint. As a result, I give this fantasy adventure novel 5 out of 5 stars. I recommend this book to travellers and readers of the fiction. Language experts as well as fans of magic and mysticism can benefit from the book. However, due to abrupt explicit scenes like the slaughter of countless individuals, this novel is not suitable for young readers.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
R_becca
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by R_becca »

I must admit that this book, which I have read, has an amazing plot and a fascinating storyline. This is a fascinating review. Excellent work!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”