Review of Bluewater Walkabout

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Thompson Grace
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thompson-grace.html
Latest Review: Give insomnia the finger by Dr Feel Good

Review of Bluewater Walkabout

Post by Thompson Grace »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Bluewater Walkabout" by Tina Dreffin.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

As parents, we have the responsibility to expose our children to the outside world. This encourages love and peace among people of different cultures. Many people have misconceptions about another culture or race, which breeds hatred. They transfer this hatred to successful generations without traveling to check out the validity of this misconception. Traveling has been seen as a solution to a lot of cultural differences. Every culture has its uniqueness. Journeying to explore the uniqueness of a particular culture helps you better appreciate and love the culture.

This book explores different themes, starting with motherhood, adventurers, parenting, marriage, etc. Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin is a documented memoir of one of Tina's wild adventures to South Africa. This particular trip was unique to the author because it was a walkabout. This adventure was a long-planned trip between Tina and her husband, Peter, who is a very supportive man. Their long dream of going to the South Pacific became a reality. I highlighted a few catchy themes in this book. The start of the expedition unfolded these themes in a unique and beautiful manner. Grab a copy to join in on the fun and lessons.

This book's descriptive pattern undoubtedly made it unique and amazing. My interest grows as I read about Tina's wild encounters in her adventure and the amazing descriptive patterns. This book also passed the requirements of a memoir, as Tina was able to tell her experiences in an orderly and distinctive manner. Another unique ability of the author that I noticed was the ability to manage the themes. There were a lot of themes, but they were all very interesting due to how the author was able to bring them together without any complexity. Finally, I also commend the author for the different writing tools used in making this work eye-catching.

I will rate this book 3 out of 5 stars due to the errors I came across while reading. During the expenditure, there was also a long dwell on the author's past, which I found very annoying. For me, it slowed down the fun of this book and was a bit boring. And lastly, at the start of the book, I was lost in the story. The book has quite a complex start; it was only on further reading that I was able to understand it.

As has already been stated several times in this review, the importance of travel cannot be overstated. Much more has already been talked about in the book. I recommend this book to lovers of nonfiction, memoirs, and adventures.

Bluewater Walkabout
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Agbata Charles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-agbata-1.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Agbata Charles »

I will love to know more about Tina's expenditure at sea and the culture of different people of different races. Thanks for the great review.
Dominico_7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dominico-7.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Dominico_7 »

Nice review
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

I love how Tina and her husband take their family on excursion from time to time. It helps foster the bond between them, a character a family should have.
Chukwuemeka Ezema
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chukwuemeka-ezema.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Chukwuemeka Ezema »

Tina's adventures with her family were fun to read about. Their trips to different places and the exotic animals they encountered were quite fascinating. Great review.
UcheNduka
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uchenduka.html
Latest Review: Grand Slam Life by Milton Haber, M.D.

Post by UcheNduka »

Just like stated by the reviewer, the importance of travel cannot be overemphasized.
Tina learned a whole lot from her travel to the South Pacific.
This will definitely make a great read.
Thanks for the beautiful review.
Famzi Ken
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-famzi-ken.html
Latest Review: My Pound of Flesh by William Thielman

Post by Famzi Ken »

Do you know? Tina was my best character, next was her children and husband. I love the adventure and excitement all through their trip. I also learned a lot from the book. Great review.
Favour Ozone
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-ozone.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Favour Ozone »

I enjoy books about adventures. I like how the book is about a family vacation. I'd like to read this book to learn about the family's exciting adventures.
Ben Filla
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ben-filla.html
Latest Review: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings by Mike L Junior

Post by Ben Filla »

Tina's story is one that is sad and ugly. Yet she didn't let her past let her down. This is something worth emulating.
Charles Jeremiah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-jeremiah.html
Latest Review: Now I See by Sandra Leon Gonzalez

Post by Charles Jeremiah »

This story is about a couple of rare people and occasions. Peter was easily someone that gave a new meaning to Tina's life and story. The themes of this book are lovely and helpful in life. I enjoyed the journey and adventure. Nice review.
Goody book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goody-book.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Goody book »

This book sounds interesting can't wait to read it. I must also appreciate your review it is very charming.
Glory_C
Currently Reading: Keysha's Drama
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-glory-c.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Glory_C »

In the Blue water Walkabout, I love how Tina and her husband were able to tour the South Pacific. It's good to attain a level of financial independence. Thanks for a great review.
Roderick Voss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roderick-voss.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Roderick Voss »

The author is a courageous woman and fighter. There are so many emotional themes to deal with in this book. This is how a memoir should look. Excellent review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”