Review of Cynthia and Dan

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Treasure Elendu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-treasure-elendu.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Review of Cynthia and Dan

Post by Treasure Elendu »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cynthia and Dan" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Love is a beautiful thing. To be loved is such a great thing, and every human being should experience it. Cynthia experienced it; now let's talk about Cynthia.

Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer talked about Cynthia, a young lady who was still trying to figure her life out. She worked for a senator as a chief security officer. She was also working with her brother Glenn and his group of computer wizards to stop terrorists from interfering in America's voting system. One day, an unknown drone fell into the government building, and everyone was asked to vacate the building. Students were asked to go home, and a lockdown was declared immediately. Cynthia, on her way back to the office, was confused, so she wanted to know what was happening. She met a young man named Sky. Sky took her to a restaurant to help her calm down, and there he told her everything. They ate, and finally, he convinced her to follow him to his house. They got intimate without protection. Will Cynthia get pregnant? Did he use her brain? Read on to find out.

There are a few things I love about this book. I love that the storyline was good. I love that the author composed her words very well. I also learned a lot about cybersecurity. Sky's love for Cynthia was very genuine; he made sure she was fine. Even with his connection and power, he could still control Cynthia, but he didn't; he allowed her to make decisions on her own. It's very rare to find guys with good connections and money who still respect and treat a woman that they got intimate with on the first day. I respect Sky's character a lot. He made love easy for Cynthia; he was always there for her. He was ready to face the consequences of their mistake. Only a few men want to do that. The romantic scenes made me want to read more. I must applaud the author for giving details of a romance; it was fun reading it. I love how the author made her words easy for readers to understand. It's a series, but it serves as a stand-alone book because people who don't know about the series can read and understand it. 

There are also a few things I dislike about this book. I don't like how fast everything was; it was rushed, and I feel that if it wasn't rushed, I would have loved it better. The author made Cynthia's character inconsistent; she was a chief security officer, but she was also a naive young lady who didn't care about her life. She got intimate with a guy she just met a few hours ago. I know it's possible for most young girls to trust people they just met, but I think a security officer should be more conscious because he could be a terrorist trying to spy. I also feel the book doesn't deserve its name; it should have been Cynthia and Sky because they were more prominent in the book, but I guess it's because of the series.

I give this book 3 out of 4 stars. It was exceptionally well edited, and I didn't find any errors. I recommend it to young adults who love rushed books.

Cynthia and Dan
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

Cynthia and Dan is a book that I enjoyed reading. I like how the author was able to conceal a lot of things till the ending adding to the uniqueness of the story. Wonderful review welldone!!!
Moo Reny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moo-reny.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Moo Reny »

I like that there are a lot to be learned a lot about cybersecurity from Cynthia and Dan. Sky's love for Cynthia was very genuine; he made sure she was fine. Even with his connection and power, he could still control Cynthia, but he didn't; he allowed her to make decisions on her own. Great review, Good job
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I did like this book, but I also wondered, how could a woman as obviously intelligent as Cynthia, be so ignorant of basic biology?
Kendal Low
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: As Good As Dead
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendal-low.html
Latest Review: Ten Percent by D.L. Bruin

Post by Kendal Low »

I very much agree that this book felt far too rushed. I also find it slightly difficult to believe that Cynthia was happy to sleep with a man she just met while she is supposedly in love with her boyfriend. Not too sure how I feel about this book as a whole after having some time to sit with it.
Reader_noc
Currently Reading: Reconfigurement
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-noc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Reader_noc »

I have read Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer and one of the things I looked forward to was the blooming of the chemistry between Cynthia and Sky.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”