Review of Cynthia and Dan

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Caroline Elizabeth 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caroline-elizabeth-1.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Review of Cynthia and Dan

Post by Caroline Elizabeth 1 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cynthia and Dan" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Cynthia adored her onerous duties as the senator's secretary and guard. But with her job, she also had her romantic life, which she found to be too lukewarm and lacking the fire she needed. Dan and she had been dating for some time, but their relationship looked to be lacking in some respects because they hardly ever had time for one another. The sudden appearance of a drone over the White House resulted in unexpectedly long hours of traffic, which led to something Cynthia would likely be thankful for and would never forget. She meets a man named Sky and eventually falls in love with him, but she tries to suppress her feelings due to the way he behaved strangely and the fact that he seemed to know a lot of personal details about her that she hadn't shared with him.

She also works with her brother to track down terrorists with the help of two young boys who were referred to as Compu-Nerds due to the unquestionable soft skills they possessed in this area. They all work together in an engaged cyber war against the terrorists. The drone that appeared on the White House lawn was not the end of the threats against the United States, but rather the tip of an iceberg in comparison to the planned attack. But will they win this pending cyber war against the enemy? Is Cynthia's instinct about Sky true? What is left of her and Dan? The answers to these questions are contained in this book. You can find out by reading this book.

The third book in the McBride series, Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War by Dorothy May Mercer, had me guessing as to what might happen next with its fast-paced narrative and satisfying amount of suspense. Because each chapter ends with something to anticipate in the next one, I found it impossible to put this book down until the very end. I loved everything about this novel, especially how the writer managed to give Cynthia's life some harmony. However, there were a few loose ends that I didn't like because they left some questions unresolved. I'm looking forward to the next book in the series to see how the author resolves this issue.

This book was unlike anything else, save for the loose ends. Sky and Cynthia were such wonderful characters. Adults and readers who appreciate romantic fiction with a strong narrative and a plot that flows smoothly should definitely read this book, in my opinion. The sexual nature of this novel, however, prevents me from recommending it for kids and teenagers. There were a few mild swear words in this novel as well.

In my opinion, this book deserves a rating of 4 out of 4 stars because it was not only compelling and hard to put down, but it was also flawlessly edited.

Cynthia and Dan
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Crabby69
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crabby69.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Crabby69 »

I have read this book and I also see the gap that Cynthia left in her romantic life that led to her naivety with a stranger. well done on your review
Christabel Benson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-benson.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Christabel Benson »

This book is an interesting book, Cynthia's love life is complicated , nice review
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaka-chukwuemeka.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Nwaka Chukwuemeka »

Wow, this is one of my best book so far. I enjoyed the action and the way the nerds track the terrorist. I never regretted reading the book.
Regard003
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-regard003.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Regard003 »

My favorite character in the book is Sky. The guy had one funny way of everything, a bit serious but very sweet too. The book is worth reading
Chiamaka Ogadimma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiamaka-ogadimma.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Chiamaka Ogadimma »

Your review makes me want to read this book. You did a good job with the details. Great review
Do more, talk less. Never get mad at another man's success.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

Uhaxsmmmmm.mm.
I have read this book I enjoyed the suspense level in the book and how the story ended Wonderful review Welldone
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

Cynthia sounds like a strong character. Her relationship life seems a bit complicated. I hope she found happiness at last. Thanks for the interesting review.
Francis Omotayo Aderogbin
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-omotayo-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Escape from Tuoyawon by R. Murrey Haist

Post by Francis Omotayo Aderogbin »

Cynthia and Dan is a book with a lot of sense and great enjoyment. I like the smartness of Cynthia but not too smart as she gave too much out to a stranger.
You are yet to be the best version of yourself. Keep refining.
Christabel Benson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-benson.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Christabel Benson »

Cynthia and Dan sound interesting though I have not read it, how you explained your review has motivated me to read it a nice review.
Stevenmusk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevenmusk.html
Latest Review: Under the Blue Moon by Joan Schweighardt

Post by Stevenmusk »

This books describes the advancements of technology and how it can be useful and harmful but I like how they blend other genres into the book’s plot.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”