Review of Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Amarachi Nwankwo03
Currently Reading: Summer Showers
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amarachinwankwo.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Review of Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula

Post by Amarachi Nwankwo03 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Did someone say adventure? The cats have barely settled from their adventurous trip to Sri Lanka when they have to join Missy, their mom, and their human owner on another trip halfway around the world to faraway Korea. Missy has just been invited as a judge at one of the biggest cooking competitions between South and North Korean chefs. She has also been invited to share and present her latest cheese creation. She's stringing the cats along, and they're taking us with them on their latest adventure!

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula is a children's book by R.F. Kristi. It is the 8th installment in the Inca Cat Detective Series. It can, however, be read as a standalone. The story features Inca, a Siberian cat who is the main protagonist and a super cat detective ever ready to unravel the next mystery. On this particular adventure, she is helped by Cara and Fromage, her fellow cats, a dog named Terrance, and Charlotte, a hamster. From recovering Missy's special cheese after it got missing to reuniting siblings across borders, the animals take us on another exciting escapade of theirs. There's no case too difficult to take on for the super detective and her team, and we get to read all about it in this story.

Despite this book being a children's book, the plot and storyline is enough to keep an adult intrigued and engaged. I had a fun time reading about the animals and their latest mission. The story is also easy to follow and is written to suit its target audience, mainly children. The language is simple, the book is full of beautiful and colorful illustrations, the text is written in a fun and quirky font, and the cover page is immediately eye-catching. There's also so much to learn from this book. The author explores the Korean culture, food, language, etc. She even delves into the topic of the Korean Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) and the divide between North and South Korea. This is, however, maintained at a minimal level. This book makes for an entertaining, thrilling, and educative read.

The only slight to this book was the presence of several characters. I found many of them unnecessary, and I believed the story would have progressed easily without some of the characters. This was not a major issue for me, but I find it might be for younger children who read this book unaided.

This book deserves a perfect rating of 4 out of 4 stars. I could go through an entire children's book without feeling bored or underwhelmed. I appreciate the story's plot, writing style, structure, and progression. I was also unable to spot any errors, which indicates that it was very well edited. I would conclude by stating that it meets all the standards of a wholesome children's book.

I recommend this book to children between the ages of 6 and 12. The book employs a writing style suitable for younger children and discusses topics that might interest older children. I would also recommend reading this to and with your little ones as an adult or parent.

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Victoria Ukamaka
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-ukamaka.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Victoria Ukamaka »

So many unnecessary character can prove to be quite a lot while reading. However, that has never stopped me from reading a book. So, I will check this one out.
I really enjoyed reading this review.
Jelly_J
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jelly-j.html
Latest Review: Annihilation by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Jelly_J »

I've read the previous book but not this yet, I believe this book holds a lot of lessons for young ones. I look forward to seeing Inca exhibit leadership and team skills. Great review.
Christabel Egbeama
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-egbeama.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet
Reading Device: B09KBSDRDG

Post by Christabel Egbeama »

I enjoy reading the Inca series and this one happens to be my favorite. I love that Inca and her furry detective friends showed determination to achieve their goal. Great review!
Chiwendu Ikechukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwendu-ikechukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Chiwendu Ikechukwu »

Nice review. Almost made want to read the book. Kudos
Margi zuu202
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Living in Color
Currently Reading: Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 83149
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 1000
2024 Goal Completion: 1072%

Post by Margi zuu202 »

This is a delightful chapter bookabout agroup of animals friends, cat ,three dogs and it's a thrilling children's book this book is for you if you like steady paced funny and heart warming stories for children it have a lovely illustration and if you love animation the two legged character are of sufficient depth as well inca_ charming sleuth and confessing Rd.
Ozioma Miriam
Currently Reading: The Love Charm
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ozioma-miriam.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Ozioma Miriam »

I haven't read this book in the Inca series. I hope it's as interesting as the last two I have read. Thanks for a good review.
Mozi Ken
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mozi-ken.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Mozi Ken »

Inca and her friends sound special and intriguing. I would like to know how they accomplished those feats you wrote about in your review.
Amarachi Nwankwo03

Christabel Egbeama wrote: 19 Aug 2022, 04:00 I enjoy reading the Inca series and this one happens to be my favorite. I love that Inca and her furry detective friends showed determination to achieve their goal. Great review!
Thank you! I appreciate your feedback.
Amarachi Nwankwo03

Chiwendu+1999 wrote: 19 Aug 2022, 05:59 Nice review. Almost made want to read the book. Kudos
I think you should! Thank you for your feedback.
Amarachi Nwankwo03

Margi zuu202 wrote: 19 Aug 2022, 07:13 This is a delightful chapter bookabout agroup of animals friends, cat ,three dogs and it's a thrilling children's book this book is for you if you like steady paced funny and heart warming stories for children it have a lovely illustration and if you love animation the two legged character are of sufficient depth as well inca_ charming sleuth and confessing Rd.
Delightful indeed! Thanks for the comment.
Amarachi Nwankwo03

Ozioma Miriam wrote: 19 Aug 2022, 13:34 I haven't read this book in the Inca series. I hope it's as interesting as the last two I have read. Thanks for a good review.
It definitely is! Thanks for the comment.
Amarachi Nwankwo03

Mozi Ken wrote: 19 Aug 2022, 14:02 Inca and her friends sound special and intriguing. I would like to know how they accomplished those feats you wrote about in your review.
Find out by reading the book! Thank you for your comment.
Chimereucheya Okoroafo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimereucheya-okoroafo.html
Latest Review: Life's ecstasy and eternal struggles by Sandra mayfield

Post by Chimereucheya Okoroafo »

Inca journey to a new land across the globe. This time the story steps into some details of real world occurrences between the people of Korea and it was very educating and interesting. A nice and intelligent move by Kristi. Nice review.
You have a life to live. If you ain't living it, that's failure. :tiphat:
Elendu Clement Ekechukwu
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elendu-clement-ekechukwu.html
Latest Review: Shot Down by Steve Snyder

Post by Elendu Clement Ekechukwu »

This car series is something I hope to read in the future. I hope Inca is as smart as you are her seem. Nice detailed review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”