Review of Man Mission

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Isaac Oh
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isaac-oh.html
Latest Review: The Natural Guard by Michael L. Chapla

Review of Man Mission

Post by Isaac Oh »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Being a man should not take away all the fun from one’s life. This must have been the motivation for this group of friends before they traveled round the world. Man Mission by Eytan Uliel is a story of these friends who go on adventures in different countries.

This is a story that happened over the span of fifteen years. It is about four men who take annual getaway trips to catch up with one another. Eytan, the narrator, had met Sam first before meeting Daniel and Alec. He had shared the idea of traveling and exploring different countries with Sam, and years later, they were on the road visiting those countries. Eytan, together with Sam, Daniel, and Alec, takes part in these adventurous experiences where they hike, kayak, cycle, and reflect on life. This story takes the reader through the various stages of the lives of these men. We see them grow, mature, make decisions, develop their careers, and get married. We see how these friends were able to use the trips to get away from their everyday stresses, marriage problems, and worries. 

This book was well written. It brought back the memories of what true friendship was like. The author created a scenario where a group of men is free and playful. I was engrossed in this book and it felt like I was traveling with the group of friends. This book shows the benefit of taking a holiday or vacation because it gives one time to refresh the mind and frees one from all the stress in the world. This book motivated me to make some decisions I never thought of making. I am beginning to see the fun in traveling to new places for holidays. This book also teaches about true friendship and brotherhood. I loved how these friends were able to share their burdens and support each other.

Aside from the minor disarrayment of the pages, there was absolutely nothing to hate about this book. Friendships these days are not valued, but this book restores the hope of true friendship. The writer’s style of writing was very engaging and it got me glued to this book right from the start. A lot of morals can be learnt from this book, and that is what I loved the most about it.

I am gladly rating this book 4 out of 4 stars. It was void of any grammatical errors, thus making the book more enjoyable and easy to read. This book was exceptionally well edited. This book contains a heavy use of profanity. Therefore, I recommend that it be kept out of children’s reach. I recommend this book to people who love to read books about friendship and adventure.

Man Mission
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Onyinyechi Orji
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyinyechi-orji.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Post by Onyinyechi Orji »

Just like the popular saying "boys will be boys". I love every bit of this book and how these men looked out for each other. Thanks for the review.
Kings1999
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kings1999.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Kings1999 »

I loved the idea of the man missions taken by the characters on this book. The book also portrays friendship amongst friends. Kudos! You gave a honest and exceptional review.
George Baker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-george-baker.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by George Baker »

I'm not going to lie to you, I also felt motivated to try something new with my friends after reading this book. Trust and love are the themes, I liked about this book. Thumbs up to you on this nice review.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Some people think that when you grow up (reach a certain age), fun has to stop. Why is that? Everyone needs to have an adventure once in a while. I believe that you are a much better adult when you take time for yourself.
IconReviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iconreviews.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Picnic Pirates by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by IconReviews »

This book seems to be filled with ideas of things to do with friends. I like the concept of the book. It seems adventurous. Thanks for the review
John Brown 10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-brown-10.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by John Brown 10 »

This book also emphasized on the fact that friends need to share quality time together. I also loved the series of adventure these friends embarked on from time to time. Great review on this one.
Moyin Loveth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moyin-loveth.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Moyin Loveth »

I like the book's predominant theme of friendship. The adventures in the book would also be fun to read about. All in all, I'll be reading this book soon. Thanks for a beautiful review.
Jerry Anozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerry-anozie.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Jerry Anozie »

So amazing. This book brings the memories of my childhood friends how and the fun we had together. I was so fascinated by this book and the adventures the friends took. Thanks for the review.
Victoria Ukamaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-ukamaka.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Victoria Ukamaka »

I love the kind of friendship that exist between them. It is a model to learn from. I enjoyed reading this review.
Joyce Nwaogazie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joyce-nwaogazie.html
Latest Review: We Stand Here as A millionaire by Joan Gross

Post by Joyce Nwaogazie »

The adventure embarked by the men was a delight to read. Both their good times and not-so-good times. I loved how they were able to get themselves back from what tried to weigh them down. Kudos to your review.
Christabel Egbeama
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-egbeama.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet
Reading Device: B09KBSDRDG

Post by Christabel Egbeama »

I love the idea of their yearly expedition. The bond between the four men is one to admire. Nice review!
wmeki510
Currently Reading: How to Live a Life of Hope
Bookshelf Size: 179
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wmeki510.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by wmeki510 »

Man Mission is packed with a lot of insights and lessons, like friendship, recreation, pressure, travels, and imperfections. I have read this book, and I can't agree less with the points raised in this review.
Ozioma Miriam
Currently Reading: The Love Charm
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ozioma-miriam.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Ozioma Miriam »

It's surprising how bonds can easily be formed and maintained. I learned so much from this book. Nice review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”