Review of Surviving the Business of Healthcare

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Francis Aderogbin
Favorite Book: Money Faucet
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Review of Surviving the Business of Healthcare

Post by Francis Aderogbin »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Surviving the Business of Healthcare" by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C takes readers on a journey through the history of medicine from the Middle Ages to the present. Barbara emphasises various healthcare-related topics, from the fundamental to the legal to the financial. She also has almost 20 years of experience as a medical assistant. Barbara's father, an alternative medicine practitioner, taught her the principles and practises of medical science. She eventually became a professional, and her career in health science eventually benefited from this. She also shared her experience of surviving amelanotic nodular melanoma, a rare skin cancer.

I found this book instructive and informative. Readers are, in fact, educated by it. This book is appropriate for healthcare practitioners and readers who are not experts in the field of health science because the author has invested her knowledge in it in very relatable terms. You will definitely take something away from this book. The author poured her wealth of experience into this book, making it a more reliable source of information. The author's selflessness is demonstrated in her willingness to educate people on how to make the best healthcare decisions for themselves and their loved ones. Many people would rather keep the information to themselves or charge exorbitant fees to give it out. We should not make light of our health, and Barbara's book has made it easier to take an informed step toward living a healthy life.

The book strongly emphasises how fundamental it is for healthcare providers to pay attention to their patients' needs. She described how many of our healthcare professionals' poor listening skills have led to chaos and complicated problems for their patients. Her being susceptible to illness shows that anyone can get sick at any time. The knowledge provided in this book will assist in keeping track of healthcare expenses and making health-related decisions.

My favourite part of the book is where she offers advice on procuring medications on a budget. Her comparison of the retail price and the price on Amazon is an eye-opener. Her discussion of health insurance plans is another topic I cherish so much. Many people in this part of the world do not have health insurance plans, and the truth is that they are unaware of the financial benefits of having health insurance.

The author made the book realistic by telling stories and sharing her own experiences. As we all know, engaging your audience requires good storytelling. This served her purposes. I will not forget to praise her exceptional writing style, which helps readers comprehend her viewpoints. It was more engaging because she did not fill the book with technical terms. In addition, the layout and formatting are both appealing.

This book was excellently edited because I did not find even one error while reading it. I like everything about it. I recommend Surviving the Business of Healthcare to health workers and anyone interested in learning more about the healthcare sector. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars since the author made her point in a relevant way.

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Judy46
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy46.html
Latest Review: The First Time Father by Alfie Thomas

Post by Judy46 »

I enjoyed my time reading this book. It has a lot of information on how to aid the readers enjoy health more. I loved the session and insurance, I learnt a few from it. Great review.
Precious Oba
Currently Reading: Bluewater walkabout into Africa
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-oba.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Precious Oba »

This book is something I'll consider an eye opener. Many of us regular people still do not know enough about our health and other important things like health insurance and the book is here to provide that information. The author has done well.
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaka-chukwuemeka.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Nwaka Chukwuemeka »

The book sounds interesting, and the review has piqued my interest to go through it. I must read the book. Great review.
Oluwapelumi Rachael
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwapelumi-rachael.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Oluwapelumi Rachael »

I'm in the healthcare field so I'm sure this book would be helpful to me. Thanks for the review.
Francis Omotayo Aderogbin
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-omotayo-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Escape from Tuoyawon by R. Murrey Haist

Post by Francis Omotayo Aderogbin »

It is the storytelling style for me. The author is well vast in her field. And her vulnerability to sickness means, no one is safe. Just get the insurance ready.
You are yet to be the best version of yourself. Keep refining.
Muna Chizzy
Currently Reading: Gardening With Guns
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muna-chizzy.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Muna Chizzy »

This book will educate readers on health matters. I like that there is no heavy terminology that will be hard to grasp for non-health practitioners. Thanks for the informative review.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

I enjoyed your honest review and hope to enjoy the book too. Welldone
Judith Donald
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judith-donald.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Judith Donald »

A lot of people miss out on a lot of information on the issue of healthcare because they do not have a full incline of how the healthcare sector operates. I would love to read this book so as to acquaint myself with the sector from the author's perspective. Great review.
Christabel Egbeama
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-egbeama.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet
Reading Device: B09KBSDRDG

Post by Christabel Egbeama »

I haven't read any book on health before. From the honest and well written review, I can tell that this book is quite vast and informative. I'm looking forward to reading the book. Thanks for the amazing review.
GNerd
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gnerd.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by GNerd »

Health is one of man's most extraordinary gifts God has given man. It's beautiful to travel in time to see how much this sector has evolved. Your review was elaborate and insightful.
Nyam Bura
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: When No One Else Believed
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nyam-bura.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Nyam Bura »

Many people have turned to healthcare just to make money. It is good to read a book that can help in making health care decisions. I love it that the author made the difficult topic easy to understand. Thanks for your wonderful review.
Mildred Echesa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mildred-echesa.html
Latest Review: Catch A Raven by Kirro Burrows

Post by Mildred Echesa »

Reading about the history of medicine is a unique and important thing so I would love to also read this book to further my knowledge on the field of medicine.
Poetic Justice
Edit_or
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edit-or.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Edit_or »

Health-related books are my best! Thanks for this review.
Gideon Olomofe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideon-olomofe.html
Latest Review: An autopsy with a smile by Snejana Danwell

Post by Gideon Olomofe »

I am sure to take away health knowledge, and that is a great advantage. Plus the fact that the author wrote the information in a relatable manner sounds fine to giddyup prospective readers.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”