Review of Cynthia and Dan

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Oluwapelumi Rachael
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwapelumi-rachael.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Review of Cynthia and Dan

Post by Oluwapelumi Rachael »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cynthia and Dan" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The occurrence of terrorist attacks in the U.S. and other parts of the world is becoming quite rampant, and this deeply worries Cynthia Patterson. Cynthia, an undercover security agent for Senator Mike McBride, comes up with an unusual idea to stop these terrorists. Rather than striking in the conventional way, Cynthia decides to wage a Cyber War against these terrorist organizations. Her plan entails monitoring terrorist sites, sabotaging their plans, and disrupting their communication networks. To bring her plans to fruition, she enlists the help of her brother, Glenn. Glenn is a private investigator with access to advanced spyware technology. The siblings also hire Tim Dupre and Garth Tatum, two computer geniuses, to assist with their task. Can they safely achieve their goal without being detected by the enemy?

On the love front, Cynthia is in a stable, albeit dull, relationship with her boyfriend, Dan McIntyre. But this changes when she meets the mysterious Sky Eastman. This strange gentleman immediately sweeps Cynthia off her feet with promises and claims of love. Her relationship with Dan suffers, and Cynthia is left confused about which man to choose. Who does Cynthia end up with? Read Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War to find out.

The theme of suspense was prevalent in this book. My anticipation increased tremendously with each chapter. There were quite a number of unexpected twists that further fueled my eagerness to continue reading.

I like that the book highlights the usefulness of technology. Through the book, Dorothy May Mercer shows that social media and technology are very powerful tools that can affect the world positively if utilized by the right people.

The book was remarkably educational; I learnt about different technologies that I never knew existed. I also learnt about new methods of birth control.

One thing I didn't like about the book was how Cynthia immediately got involved with Sky. Cynthia is a bodyguard and an investigator, so it didn't seem logical for such a character to easily trust Sky. Right from their first meeting, Sky's actions were suspicious, but Cynthia barely paid any attention to this. Apart from this flaw, I found every other part of the book satisfactory.

The book contained no errors, as it was thoroughly edited. Therefore, I am rating the book as four out of four stars. I would recommend Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War to readers who enjoy romance, mystery, and crime books. This novel would also be ideal for people who enjoy tech-related stories. However, due to sexual content, the book is only appropriate for mature readers.

Cynthia and Dan
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Francis Aderogbin
Favorite Book: Money Faucet
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Francis Aderogbin »

This book is interesting and educational. I agreed with you on how easy Cynthia got involved with Sky.
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaka-chukwuemeka.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Nwaka Chukwuemeka »

If you are looking out for books that deals with technology, this book is for you. You will learn alot from the book. Great review.
Muna Chizzy
Currently Reading: Gardening With Guns
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muna-chizzy.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Muna Chizzy »

Cynthia's love triangle was interesting for me to read and am glad she made the right choice in the end. Thanks for the excellent review.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

I enjoyed your honest review and hope to enjoy the book too. Welldone
Francis Omotayo Aderogbin
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-omotayo-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Escape from Tuoyawon by R. Murrey Haist

Post by Francis Omotayo Aderogbin »

This book teaching modern methods of birth control is off for me. I mean, it's not everyone that subscribes to that ideology.
You are yet to be the best version of yourself. Keep refining.
GNerd
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gnerd.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by GNerd »

This book was amazing in every sense of it. I enjoyed reading it. Nice review.
Vivian Agenms
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Vivian Agenms »

I enjoyed reading this book and your review was well detailed.
Elijah0007
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elijah0007.html
Latest Review: Korian: Ark of the Fallen King by Giorgio Garofalo

Post by Elijah0007 »

I took one look at the cover, and the idea of terrorism was the last thing on my mind. It seemed there are multiple facets to this story that pulls different themes together. I don't know how well this would blend with the overall concept but since I haven't read it yet. I wouldn't go as far as to draw conclusions. Thanks for the review.
Nyam Bura
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: When No One Else Believed
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nyam-bura.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Nyam Bura »

This book is not only entertaining but also educational. Lovers of romance and tech-related books would enjoy reading it. Thanks for a great review.
Gideon Olomofe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideon-olomofe.html
Latest Review: An autopsy with a smile by Snejana Danwell

Post by Gideon Olomofe »

The book is sure a lesson-pack one as many technological knowdge can be gain. Cynthia sudden intimacy with Sky is one thing most of us readers regreted about the book
Precious Oba
Currently Reading: Bluewater walkabout into Africa
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-oba.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Precious Oba »

Exposing cyber security threats is something many people don't know about. It takes a lot of intelligence and skill. It's good that the author has written about it...
Daniel Oluwabiyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-profeddy05.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Daniel Oluwabiyi »

Am I only one happy for Cynthia after she broke up with Dan😂
Peace10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace10.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Denied by Jack Gold and Marc Debbaudt

Post by Peace10 »

I saluted Cynthia’s courage though. She placed her happiness before what anybody will say.
Moyin Loveth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moyin-loveth.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Moyin Loveth »

Despite the book's flaws, I still find the book to be really enjoyable. I guess I wasn't the only one who thought of Cynthia's trust of sky as odd.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”