Review of Killing Abel

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
julietmumbua23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julietmumbua23.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Review of Killing Abel

Post by julietmumbua23 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

What do you know about Adam and Eve? If you are like me, you probably know very little other than they were the first two people on earth. Well, it turns out that there is a fascinating untold story about them and their descendants.

In Killing Abel, author Michael Tieman narrates the story of the first sin by Adam and Eve, influenced by Lucifer. The author then explains the subsequent fall of man. Next, the author proceeds to tell the tale of the infamous murder of Abel by his brother Cain. Finally, the author discusses several characters in the Bible up until Noah.

To say that the author has an incredible imagination would be an understatement. Who would have thought that Adam and Eve struggled to conceive a male child for so long? While some would label some of the author's ideas as disputable and outright distasteful, especially since they pertain to religious work, I found them ingenious. Humans have free minds; thus, no one should dictate what and how to think to the rest. Instead, the world should commend those that dare to think outside the box. I also loved the way that the author portrayed God. He remained a loving father despite having to take somewhat harsh yet necessary measures after the sin of Adam and Eve. This is put in view by God's reluctance to pronounce judgment on Adam and Eve. Like any great father, God knows that humanity will come to understand and appreciate these decisions in time.

There is excellent character development in the book. Adam and Eve were naive when we first met them. Lucifer takes advantage of this when convincing them to eat the forbidden fruit. However, when God banishes them from the garden of Eden, they find a way to adapt to the cruel nature of their reality. They became strong of mind and spirit, eventually conceiving and raising their children amidst the hardships they undergo. Their struggles are both relatable and hugely endearing to the reader. The author also provides relevant Biblical text for reference. This emphasizes the book's desire to remain Biblically accurate.

The book is truly unique. Furthermore, it is professionally edited. I did not find anything I would describe as negative in it. Consequently, I would give it a rating of four out of four stars.

I would highly recommend this wonderful book to scholars of religion and historians.

Killing Abel
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Unlike some, I don't have a problem fictionalizing things that are not specifically stated in the Bible. I think that's why God gave us imagination. No one really knows what happened!
Nino Chinonso Onwurah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nino-chinonso-onwurah.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Nino Chinonso Onwurah »

I enjoyed reading your opinion on people's freedom to express the fruits of their imagination. I guess that also gives me the liberty to critique their ideas. It's wonderful how this book divides opinion.
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

Thank you for your thoughtful take and recommendation of this book. Your enjoyment was apparent in this review!
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
julietmumbua23
Currently Reading:

Post by julietmumbua23 »

Amy Luman wrote: 16 Jun 2022, 08:53 Unlike some, I don't have a problem fictionalizing things that are not specifically stated in the Bible. I think that's why God gave us imagination. No one really knows what happened!
Thank you for your comment.
julietmumbua23
Currently Reading:

Post by julietmumbua23 »

Chinonso Onwurah wrote: 16 Jun 2022, 13:33 I enjoyed reading your opinion on people's freedom to express the fruits of their imagination. I guess that also gives me the liberty to critique their ideas. It's wonderful how this book divides opinion.
The book is truly divisive.
julietmumbua23
Currently Reading:

Post by julietmumbua23 »

MsH2k wrote: 16 Jun 2022, 15:39 Thank you for your thoughtful take and recommendation of this book. Your enjoyment was apparent in this review!
I did enjoy reading the book. I hope you do too.
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

This sounds like a wonderful retelling of the stories from the Bible, with some imaginative additions from the author. I would be interested to see what the author has to say. Thanks for an interesting and informative review!
Oluwapelumi Rachael
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwapelumi-rachael.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Oluwapelumi Rachael »

Just like you I didn't give much thoughts to Adam and Eve. But this book focused on so many aspects of their lives that many people overlooked.
Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading: The Lost Symbol
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Sip Lake by joseph basara

Post by Honest-reviewer »

I too have read and reviewed this book. I enjoy it. Great review!
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

Scholars of religion would really appreciate this book. And the author has a vivid imagination to be able to tell Biblical stories in a creative style. Thank you for a good review!
julietmumbua23
Currently Reading:

Post by julietmumbua23 »

Prisallen wrote: 17 Jun 2022, 08:19 This sounds like a wonderful retelling of the stories from the Bible, with some imaginative additions from the author. I would be interested to see what the author has to say. Thanks for an interesting and informative review!
The author truly has incredible imagination. Thank you for your comment.
julietmumbua23
Currently Reading:

Post by julietmumbua23 »

Kavita Shah wrote: 17 Jun 2022, 15:18 Scholars of religion would really appreciate this book. And the author has a vivid imagination to be able to tell Biblical stories in a creative style. Thank you for a good review!
Thank you for your comment.
julietmumbua23
Currently Reading:

Post by julietmumbua23 »

Honest-reviewer wrote: 17 Jun 2022, 12:24 I too have read and reviewed this book. I enjoy it. Great review!
It is truly a wonderful book.
Ayesha Ameera Memon
Currently Reading: Culture Jock
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayesha-ameera-memon.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Ayesha Ameera Memon »

I recently reviewed this book too! And I totally agree that the author has a really wonderful imagination. I really liked your use of rhetorical questions within the review and the way you've added your own experience and opinion in it. But I rated this book 3 out of 4 stars because the version I got had several grammatical and formatting errors! Nevertheless, I enjoyed hearing your thoughts on it!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”