Review of The Maestro Monologue

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Shaan Catherine
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shaan-catherine.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Review of The Maestro Monologue

Post by Shaan Catherine »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Maestro Monologue is a read that brings out all the layers that make you who you are. The author introduces the reader to an enemy that we all share, the intruder. This intruder lives rent-free in all of our heads and drives us to live a life of false pretence. Rob White provides readers with the tools to open their minds' eye and look within. He offers insight into how anyone can regain control of their lives and find purpose. The exercises are useful and practical. This self-help book contains a plethora of stories and quotes that challenge one's complacency and thought process.

I must admit I was a little sceptical about this book because once you've read a few, they start sounding the same. Well, I stand corrected because this book really came through with the truth and schooled me. I felt like the author was speaking directly to me. This eye-opening read is divided into four parts. Maybe it's because of where I am in my life at the moment, but I needed the guidance. The book was easy to read and I had to put it down a few times to do a little self-reflecting. White's advice truly makes me feel like I'm in control of my life and that I'm not just a product of my environment. We often hold negative thoughts about ourselves which in turn affects how we live. In chapter 2 he reiterates that, "you begin noticing the many opinions you hold of yourself that just ain’t so and realize it’s time to let them go."

There's nothing about this book that I didn't like. I was able to finish reading it without getting bored. Even though I thought the advice would become redundant, I was proven wrong. I found the advice to be of use and I enjoyed the author's writing style. The book was well edited, and I hardly noticed any major errors.

I rate this book a four out of four. As a troubled person, I was sucked in from the very first chapter. The book made me feel like there was hope and that I could pull myself up from the trenches. It's not everyday that you come across a book that makes you realise how easy it is for people to get taken hostage by the 'intruder'.

I highly recommend this book to those who are at war with themselves but don't know how to go about it. This book really does help you help yourself.

The Maestro Monologue
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”