Review of Killing Abel

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Stephanie Kanu
Currently Reading: A dream for peace
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladywhyte3.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Review of Killing Abel

Post by Stephanie Kanu »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Understanding history is of paramount importance to our progress as a species. How can we know and understand history if we don't know it from the beginning?

Killing Abel by Michael. Tieman takes us through the thrilling journey of creation till the great flood of Noah, according to the book of genesis in the Christian Bible. Six days after God creates the Earth, Adam and Eve, the first people on earth, are driven out of the beautiful garden that was made especially for them on account of their disobedience. This fortuitous event leaves both God and humans confused about the future. Adam learns to adapt to his surroundings and God watches him grow. With almost no previous knowledge to fall back on, Adam and Eve face the challenge of understanding and conquering each new emotion on their own.

They learn to thrive and procreate through trial and error. Through their actions, God learns about these creatures of free will and how to be a father to them. As the human population grows, sin grows and they forget God, which causes him to regret creating this world.

I can't tell you how much I enjoyed this book. The author brought the creation story from the Bible to life on the pages. I could see the story of creation from a different perspective. I love the fact that the author portrays God as one who learns, who can adjust, and who can, occasionally, be sorry. This differs remarkably from what I know. I love how the book can be read like pure fiction because most of it is. The book provides fictional answers to almost all the baffling questions humans have asked about the creation story and they make more sense than any other I’ve heard so far.

I love the character development throughout the book. These are characters that were mentioned only once or twice in the Bible, but this book expanded them to individual personalities and life stories. I understood them better and sympathized with their plight. There is just enough attention to detail to give a picture of scenes as they unfold, but also leaves much open to the imagination. The story also progresses at a quick and easy pace. We can apply the lessons in this book not only in understanding our religion, but in understanding ourselves and every other aspect of our lives.

I disliked nothing about this book. It was exceptionally well-edited and I found no errors in it. I give this book 4 out of 4 stars. It deserves nothing less.

I would recommend this book to all Christians, especially those curious about the story of creation. I would also recommend it for non-Christians who do not mind the Bible references and would want to read this as pure fiction.

Killing Abel
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords
elagbemi057
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elagbemi057.html
Latest Review: Stolen Grace by Rev Errol E Leslie

Post by elagbemi057 »

The fact that this book tells the story/history behind creation and events that influence mankind really got my attention. This is a beautiful review and I feel like picking up this book.
Daniel Oluwabiyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-profeddy05.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Daniel Oluwabiyi »

This is a very good review. It has made me have second guesses about the book. I will be sure to read the book again.
Oluwatosin Balogun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwatosin-balogun.html
Latest Review: Musings of an Autistic Mind by Darryl Jefferson

Post by Oluwatosin Balogun »

Killing Abel is a great book. I loved reading it a lot and your review certainly did justice to the book. This is a great review.
Olaoluwa Ruth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ru-thie.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Olaoluwa Ruth »

Our history makes up a large part of who we are. With no history to learn from, I don't think they can be blamed for any mistakes they made. Their sacrifices and discoveries through trial and error shape what we know today. Killing Abel helps put things in perspective. It's also a brilliant work of fiction.
Elijah0007
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elijah0007.html
Latest Review: Korian: Ark of the Fallen King by Giorgio Garofalo

Post by Elijah0007 »

The author's imagination is mind blowing. There were times when I thought I was actually watching a movie because his description of events were so vivid. This is one book I won't forget. Nice review.
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaka-chukwuemeka.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Nwaka Chukwuemeka »

Killing Abel is a biblical fiction book I love so much, I learned a lot from the book, despite Gods anger to mankind he still show them mercy, especially Cain. Great review.
Juliette1812
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliette1812.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Juliette1812 »

I've read killing abel , I can say the author did a great job with the book. I learned a lot of things. Great review!
Stephen Ogunwale
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeyemi-stephen.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Stephen Ogunwale »

A history telling story though fictional is worth a trial. So many lessons to be garnered therein. Well done.
Valar Morghulis, Valar Dohaerys. 🦅⚓🖤
Francis Omotayo Aderogbin
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-omotayo-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Escape from Tuoyawon by R. Murrey Haist

Post by Francis Omotayo Aderogbin »

I am not surprised that you enjoyed this book. The reviews I have been reading about it are mouth-watering. I wish to read this book one day so I can pen my review about it.
You are yet to be the best version of yourself. Keep refining.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

The writers style is great. I look forward reading the book. Welldone with your review

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”