Review of Shitolian

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kehinde Hussein
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kehinde-hussein.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Review of Shitolian

Post by Kehinde Hussein »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Shitolian" by O Persaud.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

As it is, poetry stands as one of the most succinct, delicate, and highly efficient ways of expressing one's views. As a result, it is attractive and appealing, which many people have employed and succeeded at. This is used by the author, O Persaud, in his work, Shitolian.

The book, which contains poems on many themes, digs into an entire existence and provides a comprehensive illumination. It covers topics such as the author's first impressions of diamonds, racial prejudice and tendency, early fantasies and the pressure to fulfil them, hatred, and propaganda. He concludes his poetic voyage by discussing the controversies and beauty of various punctuations, among other topics. He also gives unpopular theological beliefs that many people would find useful. More so, he discusses nature, its splendour, and its impact. The author then goes on to explain his metaphorical interpretation of these themes, as well as his endnotes and conclusions on them. This review will be useful, distinct, and enjoyable to read for readers.

The author's writing style was one aspect of this book that I enjoyed. He honed his writing by making the most of the essence and beauty of poetry. Furthermore, his wording was simple and friendly enough for a layperson to comprehend. As a result, his poetry was allegorical and had a higher degree of meaning, which I found appealing. In addition, his poetry was informative and motivating in many ways, and I took a lot away from it. I especially loved his presentation of punctuation marks at the end of his book, which gave a different perspective on the subject. These are some of the reasons why poetry stands out among other genres of literature. The book was a terrific read and contained a lot of useful information.

However, there were a few oddities that detracted from my overall pleasant opinion of the book. At times, I found the book uninteresting, which slowed down my overall impression of the book. It also contained many profane words, which I didn't appreciate and thought spoiled the book's exquisite beauty. As a result, I have no choice but to give the book a 3 out of 4 stars rating. Apart from these, nothing was wrong with it. It also included one mild sexually inclined word. However, I found no errors in it.

As a result, I would strongly recommend the book to poetry enthusiasts because it edifies and depicts the beauty and quality of poetry at its finest. It's also recommended for literary students and those who appreciate a good book because it's packed with implications and lessons to enjoy and learn from.

Shitolian
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Daniel Oluwabiyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-profeddy05.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Daniel Oluwabiyi »

I am not a fan of poetry. Thanks for the review anyway.
Emmanuel Okotie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-okotie.html
Latest Review: VROOM! Barry, Kari and the Power Boost! by William G Wilberforce III

Post by Emmanuel Okotie »

The poems seem candid and blunt. However, I'll pass on this one. The numerous use of profane words us a turn off for me.
On the other hand, your review is quite elaborate.
Nice job
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaka-chukwuemeka.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Nwaka Chukwuemeka »

I love the book but the discrimination is what I don't like. The author deed a perfect job. Great review.
Francis Aderogbin
Favorite Book: Money Faucet
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Francis Aderogbin »

I had a swell time with this book. And I think the uae of profane words is necessary to truly showcase the emotions (vexation) that gave birth to the inspiration the author used.
Oluwapelumi Rachael
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwapelumi-rachael.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Oluwapelumi Rachael »

While I don't usually read poetry, I found myself drawn to this book. I liked the way the author used simple words to convey his thoughts.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”