Review of A Brighter Tomorrow

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Shillah Andeso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shillah-andeso.html
Latest Review: On the wings of a prayer by Kola Kupoluyi

Review of A Brighter Tomorrow

Post by Shillah Andeso »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Brighter Tomorrow" by Lori Schneider, MD.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

2020 posed great pain and distress among many people across the world due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Some lost family members and relatives, thereby stirring a lot of mixed reactions among the people. As a result, things like racism heightened. It however had some positive aspects attached. Some people discover new things they could do amidst the pain. Lori Schneider, MD, is one of them, by writing the poetry book A Brighter Tomorrow.

A Brighter Tomorrow by Lori Schneider, MD is a poetry book inspired by the 2020 pandemic. She talks about the pain it brought and also further explores other themes, including injustice and racism. She also talks about the struggles writers pass through before they come up with an independent idea. The book also contains quotes from famous people and books around the world before embarking on each chapter. In addition to Lori Schneider's poems, she also included a poem from Antony Jones, who is her poetry adviser. There's also a collaborative poem from both Schneider and Antony. A Brighter Tomorrow contains illustrations by Mark Salevitz, MD, for each poem written.

The poems included in A Brighter Tomorrow are a reflection of the book's title. I loved the honesty in the author's work about the struggles to write and what is going on in today's world in general. Lori Schneider wrote exactly what she felt from the inspiration to live's problems. As I read through this book, I could feel her emotions and how strongly she supported or disagreed with something. Furthermore, the artwork in the book brought life to the poems. Reading the poems was equal to reading a five-decade story in very few words. I could see myself in some of the poems and couldn't disagree with any of the themes she talked about.

I loved every poem written in this book. I, however, liked that she talked about love, COVID, and racism in greater detail. I did not find any grammatical errors in the book. I hereby conclude that the book was exceptionally well-edited. I, however, disliked the format in which the ebook was published. This is because I was forced to alternate between zooming in and out to read clearly. I rate A Brighter Tomorrow by Lori Shneider, MD 4 out of 4 stars. The negative aspect mentioned above did not compromise my enjoyment of the book.

A Brighter Tomorrow is suitable for any individual who is fascinated by poetry. I would further recommend it to individuals who are interested in creating a change in the world. The book is suitable for all ages. Anyone who gets the opportunity to read the words in this book will fall in love with the author's mind, creativity, and enthusiasm.

A Brighter Tomorrow
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Adego 002
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adego-002.html
Latest Review: Gardening With Guns by AJ Wootton

Post by Adego 002 »

Am not a big fan of poetry and drama book. I will pass on this. I however appreciate your detailed review.
Shillah Andeso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shillah-andeso.html
Latest Review: On the wings of a prayer by Kola Kupoluyi

Post by Shillah Andeso »

Adego 002 wrote: 20 May 2022, 04:14 Am not a big fan of poetry and drama book. I will pass on this. I however appreciate your detailed review.
I bet you'll love this when you try it.
brian c kigen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brian-c-kigen.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by brian c kigen »

Poetry is always an interesting thing. I will love reading this book due to the love I have for poems. The book also talks about the COVID pandemic, helping comfort those who lost their loved ones. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”