Review of Rise of the Savior

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Daniel Oluwabiyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-profeddy05.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Review of Rise of the Savior

Post by Daniel Oluwabiyi »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Rise of the Savior" by Antoine Bonner.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

What could be weirder than having a weird, robot-like 6-year-old sister who suddenly develops an IQ of over 120? Finding out that you are to be the savior of the entire world a few days later. Rise of the Savior: Acolyte of truth by Antoine Bonner is a fantasy novel that follows the life of Amanda, an average teenager with an undecided future. On the drive home after being knocked out of a karate competition in the very first round, Amanda and her father, Logan, have a life-threatening accident that changes both their lives forever. Amanda suddenly finds herself drowned in a world of deities, acolytes, kundalinis, and a possible world eradication. She is finally on the same page as her 6-year-old sister, Saira, and it is up to both of them to protect the world from the future evil approaching.

I much admire Antoine Bonner’s style of writing. The book is written from an omnipresent point of view, capturing even the smallest details and not leaving anything out in each line of the book. I also enjoyed reading about the relationship between Amanda and her sister, Saira. The dynamics between them are quite interesting. Amanda is a loud and often irrational and explosive individual while Saira is a level-headed, serious-minded individual always ready to calm her sister in times of crisis and she never fails to let others know the reality of any situation. The book was also professionally edited, with me failing to pick up a single error.

The book was quick-paced. This would have been alright had it not been for the large number of characters it contained. This caused me to re-read some pages more than twice to understand all that has happened. I also had trouble keeping up with each character's relationship with each other, as I often got lost while reading, not being able to identify the owner of some kundalinis or deities till the end of the book. Also, there were some instances where the humor used did not fit the plot. And the use of words I was not familiar with put some abrupt stops to the quick pace of the book.

Because of the editing of the book, I would award this book 3 out of 4 stars. There were no errors that significantly lower my interest in the book. The book also significantly increased my vocabulary. However, the author did not do a good job of holding my attention as I progressed through the book.

I would recommend this to fantasy lovers with a mature mind due to the profanities.

Rise of the Savior
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
That_reader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-that-reader.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Higher Ground by Thomas A. Brigger

Post by That_reader »

I have read this book and I adore the relationship between Amanda and Saira. I admit the book is quite fast-paced but I definitely enjoyed it. I also needed a dictionary while reading it :lol2:
Well done!
Mildred Echesa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mildred-echesa.html
Latest Review: Catch A Raven by Kirro Burrows

Post by Mildred Echesa »

I love fast-paced books that involve deities, and this is that sort of book. I read this book and enjoyed the story about how the girls acquire their powers and defeat Jamie
Poetic Justice
IniOluwa N
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inioluwa-n.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by IniOluwa N »

I have loved this book from the first review I read about it. Books with deities and supernatural happenings are terrains that I thrive in, literally. I loved how Amanda and Saira's characters complemented each other. I love the review.
Stephanie Kanu
Currently Reading: A dream for peace
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladywhyte3.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Stephanie Kanu »

The more reviews I read on this book, the more compelled I am to read it and I certainly would very soon. It sounds like an interesting young adult/fantasy/mystery book which would speak to a lot of readers.
It's been quiet sometime since I read a fantasy book though. This would be a refreshing reintroduction to the genre for me. Thank you for this review.
Stephen Ogunwale
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeyemi-stephen.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Stephen Ogunwale »

Hmmm. Fantasy with a touch of supernaturalities. What a fantasy this would be.
I should give the book a trial.
Valar Morghulis, Valar Dohaerys. 🦅⚓🖤
Peace10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace10.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Denied by Jack Gold and Marc Debbaudt

Post by Peace10 »

I really want to read this book. I’ve been seeing great reviews about it. Nice job!
Kehinde Hussein
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kehinde-hussein.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Kehinde Hussein »

There's something about superhero fiction and how they come to save the day when they are the most needed. Amanda sure trumped over this with others against these standing blocks and I loved that about the book.
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaka-chukwuemeka.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Nwaka Chukwuemeka »

When I saw the cover page of this book I told myself which kind of savior look like this but after going through the review I discovered that the book is very interesting.
Oluwapelumi Rachael
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwapelumi-rachael.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Oluwapelumi Rachael »

As an anime fan, I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. I loved how Amanda and Sara's relationship improved and became stronger.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”