Review of Randy the Irresistible

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kehinde Hussein
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kehinde-hussein.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Review of Randy the Irresistible

Post by Kehinde Hussein »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Randy the Irresistible" by S M Goodier.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier centres on the experiences of Randy Love, the youngest of Mr John and Mrs Marjorie Love's children. Randy works part-time jobs as a dishwasher and later a counter-clerk after returning from a student program in the United States before finishing his business degree at the University. Even though they don't have many customers at his place of business, he is well-liked by his co-workers and customers due to his intelligence. Randy, on the other hand, enjoys stealing lustful glances and sleeping with a variety of women. He ultimately lands a significant position at a major bank after working at many part-time jobs. He meets Gemma, his next-door neighbour, who leads him to not renew the rent of his current residence after a conflict. He also meets Nicky, a lady with whom he shares common interests and bonds. As he carries on his search for a newer residence, he learns to grasp and set his priorities between what is important and not.

The work, which is a coming-of-age story, combines aspects of humour and sarcasm and focuses on Randy's shift from naivety to adulthood, which I appreciated. I particularly admired the writer's choice of words, which were both lovely and excellent. The drama and squabbles that played out between some of the characters, Edna Montague, Randy, and his father, John, surrounding the dog's entrance into Edna's garden, was particularly enjoyable, as it added little spice to the story's opening. Micheal, John's friend, provided us with a taste of his sarcasm, often mocking James, Harriet and especially Randy, which brought the tale to life.

However, despite the author's efforts to provide us with some enjoyable moments, I found this book to be very average and unfocused. To keep the audience interested, the author mostly focused on sexual and lusty content, with little attention paid to the story's storyline development. It lacked apparent direction, and as a result, it was difficult to finish the book. Due to his clumsy storyline, the author also abandoned part of the characters' character development. This was something I didn't agree with.

As a result, I would rate this book 2 out of 4 stars. This is primarily due to the book's complication and plot incoherence, which I found difficult to relate to.

I would recommend this book to romance novel fans because it explores explicit content that they would enjoy reading. However, because of its sexual and homosexual content, as well as its profane language, it is unsuitable for minors and religious people.

Randy the Irresistible
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Themmie10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-themmie10.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Themmie10 »

I’ve read this book and it was worthwhile. Your review said it all. Great job!
Regard003
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-regard003.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Regard003 »

I've read randy and I think you're unfair. Randy wasn't hard to understand.. at least that book deserve three stars. Your review is nice though
Uchechukwu Fortune Njoku
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uchechukwu-fortune-njoku.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Uchechukwu Fortune Njoku »

Your review is quite straight to the point. Kudos
Akangbe Opeyemi
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Qualify
Currently Reading: Farmer Beau's Farm
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akangbe-opeyemi.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Akangbe Opeyemi »

I have read this book and I understand your point of view. I liked Randy though, he interests me in some ways. Nice review
Juliette1812
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliette1812.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Juliette1812 »

your review is great. Well done!
IniOluwa N
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inioluwa-n.html

Post by IniOluwa N »

I'll bet Randy learnt lessons that helped him discover himself. It's always good to venture out of one's comfort zone. I'll take positives from your review. Welldone
Ghrey Thel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ghrey-thel.html
Latest Review: The In-Between by Christian Espinosa

Post by Ghrey Thel »

I've read this book and I understand where you're coming from but I disagree with you where you said it was difficult to finish. I love your honesty though, great review
Rita Nuncia
Currently Reading: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rita-nuncia.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Rita Nuncia »

I read this book and I enjoyed reading it. Nice review though.
Daniel Oluwabiyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-profeddy05.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Daniel Oluwabiyi »

I read this book and I agree with you. The plot was unfocused and had unnecessary lustful content.
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaka-chukwuemeka.html

Post by Nwaka Chukwuemeka »

Just by looking at the cover page I have understand the concept of the book, I think I will give it a try. Great review.
Moyin Loveth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moyin-loveth.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Moyin Loveth »

Initially, I found randy to be immature and a bit annoying. But as the book progressed, his humour made me fall in with his character. I think the book deserves a higher rating because it teaches valuable lessons.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”