Review of My life uncensored

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Muskan Upadhyaya
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muskan-upadhyaya.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Review of My life uncensored

Post by Muskan Upadhyaya »

[Following is a volunteer review of "My life uncensored" by Cristina Caymares.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

My life uncensored by Cristina Caymares is a story of a girl who was neglected after her father’s death. Cristina’s father died when she was four and a half years old. From the very beginning of her life, she had to deal with family issues. After her father died, during every summer her parental family used to take Cristina and her elder sister to their home in Studio City, Los Angeles, California. There, she had to face questions about her mother’s character, their crazy family manners, etc. Her mother had to work till late and hence, she couldn’t spend a lot of time with Cristina and her sister. Her mother had several boyfriends and even some husbands. All these events made a kind of negative impact on Cristina. Since her childhood, she wasn’t allowed to cry. Due to this later she started hurting her boyfriend’s feelings. She was continuously making new boyfriends and couldn’t stick to one. This story contains 44 pages and chapters are dedicated to different family members who affected Cristina’s life.

This is a short story, but it leaves a strong emotional impact on the readers. I like the family photos of Cristina and her family. This makes the book more engaging and fascinating for the readers. The use of pictorial language also increases the reading experience. I appreciate the fact that Cristina has remained very honest about her feelings in the book. She even mentioned that she was hurting her boyfriend’s feelings. The structure of the book makes it more organized and interesting for the readers. At the beginning of every chapter, it is mentioned to whom that chapter is dedicated. This helps the readers to get a clear idea about the content. The language of this book is commendable. It seems as if the characters are talking to the readers.

There’s nothing that I disliked in this book. There are no grammatical errors or profane words in the book.

Considering all the aspects, the plot of the story, the structure of the book, strong emotional impact, and use of pictorial language, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I am rating it four stars because this is an exceptionally well-edited book, and I enjoyed reading it.

I recommend this book to all readers who want to read a sensible and emotional story. This book is based on emotions and life events that affected Cristina’s personality, so it requires readers who have a deep understanding of the emotions. If you want to know how life events can impact a child’s personality, then you should definitely check out this book. It is not written in hardcore English, so it is easy for anyone to read it.

My life uncensored
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I am not really interested in autobiographies, but I find myself wanting to learn more about Cristina and her family.
Muskan Upadhyaya
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muskan-upadhyaya.html

Post by Muskan Upadhyaya »

Amy Luman wrote: 19 Jan 2022, 12:15 I am not really interested in autobiographies, but I find myself wanting to learn more about Cristina and her family.
Thank you for commenting. This is surely an interesting book, you can check it out.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”