Review of Red Wave Imperative

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kalduke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kalduke.html
Latest Review: Manifesto for a Cancer Patient by Colleen Huber, NMD

Review of Red Wave Imperative

Post by Kalduke »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Red Wave Imperative" by Alan Schein.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Red Wave Imperative by Alan Schein is a politically charged book written to influence the masses on how to vote. The author’s main objective was to promote support for the Republican Party and Donald Trump. He raises some misplaced views that are thought-provoking and frankly very dangerous if taken out of context. This book is a clear and blatant method of trampling on peoples voting rights all just to make one vote for a candidate who frankly has not instilled confidence in anyone at all.

The author uses this platform to justify all of the filings of the president and places the blame squarely on the Democratic Party. He gets some fairly basic concepts wrong which can be very detrimental to those who believe him. This is just a tool to promote division in an already tense situation, especially with the recent rise of Anti-fascist groups and the resurgence of the black lives matter campaign.

This book is just a spit in the face of democracy that has had so far and overcomes so many obstacles. What I disliked about it was how the writer enforced his opinions on the readers especially since most of his views are wrong. His one-dimensional approach to this tense discussion is so wrong especially since I have seen firsthand what this kind of thinking can do. The post-election violence in Kenya can be traced back to people with a similar type of thinking.

There were things that I liked about the book, like how the writer made it interactive and gave examples to back up his misguided claims. In my opinion, the above statement does not change how I feel about the book. It was very difficult to read this book especially most of the issues that he got the wrong hit close to home, me being black and having lived through the violence of elections gone wrong.

The book is professionally edited and does not use any profane language or contain any sexual content. The author's bias ness made the book less memorable and sometimes very hard to stomach. It evoked emotions, thus making me give props to Mr. Schein if that was his desired goal when writing the book.

I do not recommend this book to anyone since it is misguided, biased, and downright very dangerous towards democracy and the voting system. Due to the above factors, I rate the book at two out of four stars.

Red Wave Imperative
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”