Review of Randy the Irresistible

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kira Bonita Reece
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy, Box Set
Bookshelf Size: 358
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kira-bonita-reece.html
Latest Review: Starboard Eight by Brian Casey

Review of Randy the Irresistible

Post by Kira Bonita Reece »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Randy the Irresistible" by S M Goodier.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Randy Love is a free-spirited young man. Deciding he was ready to be independent of his parents, he found himself a job and decided to move out on his own. Finding his first apartment, he came to realize that life is not as manageable as he thought it was. He struggled to pay his rent and had to keep moving from place to place. Being a frugal person, he tries to find loopholes to save himself as much money as he could. Randy Love is always sought after by females because of his good looks. Even his friends are threatened by this and make sure to keep their female acquaintances away from Randy. Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier is like a memoir. We get a front row seat into the life of a new adult.

Randy the Irresistible is a very relaxing read. The chapters are short and the story is very realistic. One positive aspect of the book is that it isn't a cliched story. I like the character of Randy Love and the way he is portrayed by the writer. He is not your typical bad boy nor is he the charming, humble guy. He's the kind of person who always thinks about himself first.

One negative aspect of the book is the beginning. The story starts off very slowly. In my opinion, there are excess character descriptions of persons who don't really contribute much to the overall plot. Also, this book is a leisurely read. There isn't anything gripping that could prevent a reader from putting down this book and continuing reading on a different day.

Randy the Irresistible seemed to be professionally edited. I only found one minor typing error. Overall, this is a good book to read while relaxing by the beach. I would definitely rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. My favourite part was when Randy had to move out of one of his rentals because the landlady was trying to seduce him. There were a lot of humorous moments in this story.

I would recommend this book to teenagers and young adults who are thinking about venturing out on their own. This book gives solid advice on what to expect and what challenges you might face. I would also recommend this book to the parents of older teens. You should allow them to venture out, experience life and make their own mistakes. After all, it is only through experience that you will gain knowledge. We see this clearly in Randy the Irresistible. After making his mistakes, Randy eventually learns from them and starts maturing.

Randy the Irresistible
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Hunter Tester
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Silent Patient
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hunter-tester.html
Latest Review: Whale of Wonder by Marie-Paule Mahoney

Post by Hunter Tester »

Sounds like a fun read! I like that it contains moments of humor too. Thanks for the review!
Ashley-Osuna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-osuna.html
Latest Review: The Pilgrim Bride by Pilar Cerón Durán

Post by Ashley-Osuna »

This seems like a great book for a light summer reading. Thank you very much for the recommendation!
Kira Bonita Reece
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy, Box Set
Bookshelf Size: 358
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kira-bonita-reece.html
Latest Review: Starboard Eight by Brian Casey

Post by Kira Bonita Reece »

Ashley-Osuna wrote: 05 Aug 2021, 00:25 This seems like a great book for a light summer reading. Thank you very much for the recommendation!
Glad I could help. You'll definitely enjoy this book. It will keep you laughing for days

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”