Review of Money Faucet

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Uzo_Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uzo-reviews.html
Latest Review: Snow Country Lane by Sarah Vail

Review of Money Faucet

Post by Uzo_Reviews »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Money Faucet" by Joe Calderwood.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Review Body

Money Faucet revolves around Clint Kennedy, a not-so-legal citizen who, in the quest to acquire wealth (not just for himself alone but for the people around him), gets involved in heavy laundering of drug money. He and his friend, Jack, run a bank where the drug money of powerful kingpins are laundered and kept safe. The Cohens, Jack's family, own this bank. However, Clint saves the bank from liquidation in exchange for his soul.

There is a house cleaning in the drug ring. This means that a lot of kingpins will go down. Pablo instructs Clint to leave his abode in Merida, Mexico, and not return until he says so. Clint leaves for Miami, where he is met with a series of situations beyond his control, one of which is seeing a dead body of Jessie with whom he had an appointment. Is this the law trying to catch up with him in one way or the other? Is he going to survive the house cleaning? This and even more is what you'll find out if you read this book.

No thriller series has caught my fancy like Joe Calderwood's Money Faucet. Joe Calderwood outdid himself in his choice of plot arrangement. The story starts in the middle of an action, where Clint found Jessie lifeless in his unorganized office. The anticipation of knowing the reason behind his death and how it happened will keep the reader going from start to finish.

Money Faucet can serve as either an eye-opener or a lesson, depending on what perspective the reader chooses. This book will leave so many questions in the reader's mind concerning whatever means of livelihood one wishes to take on, be it legal or illegal, and its consequences. It presents a hard choice of doing the right thing in the wrong way or just doing the right thing. It also exposes so many underlying philosophical views on sexuality, where it supports, to a great extent, the LGBT community, as seen in Clint and Xavier's relationship.

What I find disturbing about this book is the character of Clint. He is portrayed as someone who is involved in a crime but with a good heart. It makes me wonder what the readers are expected to learn from him. Should one do crime with a good conscience or not do it at all? However, it's permissible to one's choice too. But then, that's what makes it a series, and I hope this question is answered in the subsequent series. So, I'll rate this book a 4 out of 4 stars. I'll recommend this book for adults who love mystery and crime. They will have a swell time reading it. There are a couple of errors but not enough for the reader to raise an eyebrow.

Money Faucet
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Jacques Mwashuma
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacques-mwashuma.html
Latest Review: Doyle's Law by Sam Roberts

Post by Jacques Mwashuma »

This is beautiful work, keep it up, I look forward to seeing more of your reviews. ๐Ÿ‘
If the heart is clear, it doesn't matter if there's a storm brewing in the sky.

- Bing Xin.
Diana Lowery
Currently Reading: The Exchange
Bookshelf Size: 343
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diana-lowery.html
Latest Review: The Witchdoctor Paradox by Barry Tyrrell
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Diana Lowery »

I like the philosophical questions that you posed. This sounds like a good read.
Uzo_Reviews
Currently Reading:

Post by Uzo_Reviews »

Eloque3locks wrote: โ†‘31 Jul 2021, 13:34 This is beautiful work, keep it up, I look forward to seeing more of your reviews. ๐Ÿ‘
Yes you will. Thank you so much for your kind words.
Uzo_Reviews
Currently Reading:

Post by Uzo_Reviews »

diana lowery wrote: โ†‘31 Jul 2021, 20:21 I like the philosophical questions that you posed. This sounds like a good read.
Of course it is. Thank you so much.
zainherb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainherb.html
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel

Post by zainherb »

I hope Clint survives this house cleaning.
This sounds like an interesting book with elements of intrigue.
Great review!
:techie-reference:
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel
Uzo_Reviews
Currently Reading:

Post by Uzo_Reviews »

zainherb wrote: โ†‘01 Aug 2021, 04:19 I hope Clint survives this house cleaning.
This sounds like an interesting book with elements of intrigue.
Great review!
I hope so too. Thanks for your comment.
Ashley-Osuna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-osuna.html
Latest Review: The Pilgrim Bride by Pilar Cerón Durán

Post by Ashley-Osuna »

This sounds like a very intriguing storyline, I like how you mention the possible philosophical questions that may arise for the people reading this book, but I think that only makes it more interesting. Thank you so much for the recommendation!
Uzo_Reviews
Currently Reading:

Post by Uzo_Reviews »

Ashley-Osuna wrote: โ†‘01 Aug 2021, 22:49 This sounds like a very intriguing storyline, I like how you mention the possible philosophical questions that may arise for the people reading this book, but I think that only makes it more interesting. Thank you so much for the recommendation!
Thank you for your kind words.
Josephe-Anne
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: George Orwell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 488
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-josephe-anne.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
fav_author_id: 1746

Post by Josephe-Anne »

It does seem like Clint is faced with a clear moral dilemma. But sometimes, we end up having to do things we don't want to for survival. This story sounds thrilling!

Thank you for your well-written review.
:tiphat:
"A house without books is like a room without windows." :techie-studyinggray:
โ€• Horace Mann
Uzo_Reviews
Currently Reading:

Post by Uzo_Reviews »

Josephe-Anne wrote: โ†‘02 Aug 2021, 02:01 It does seem like Clint is faced with a clear moral dilemma. But sometimes, we end up having to do things we don't want to for survival. This story sounds thrilling!

Thank you for your well-written review.
:tiphat:
Reason doing what is right is a choice and a hard one at that. Thank you for your comment.
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

This sounds like a suspenseful novel. I'm curious if this is a standalone novel since it is part of a series. Thanks for your wonderful review!
DTamara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dtamara.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by DTamara »

This seems like it is going to be a fast read, start to finish in one breath. Lots of themes are packed in there, which I love. Nice job with the review!
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayah-raouf.html
Latest Review: The Heart of the World by Michael Tillotson

Post by Rayah Raouf »

Great review! I like you kept it quite short but full of information. The last paragraph got me thinking about the character in particular. I am curious.
โ€œMemories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.โ€โ€• Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
Jagiine
Currently Reading: Children of Virtue and Vengeance
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jagiine.html
Latest Review: A Collection of Poetry by Cheree Scott

Post by Jagiine »

I like that Clint was a complex character; I imagine that it makes him a bit more relatable and lets readers interpret his story for themselves rather than being spoon-fed a moral, though it can be frustrating not knowing if you're interpreting it "right." Thanks for your review!

Return to โ€œVolunteer Reviewsโ€