Review of Real Secrets Of Life

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
VictoriousReader
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoriousreader.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Review of Real Secrets Of Life

Post by VictoriousReader »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Real Secrets Of Life" by Krishna Jagarnath.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Real Secrets Of Life is a self-help book on self-discovery, spirituality, mind power, unity and health. The author, Krishna Jagarnath, is an Ayuverdic student, self-taught palmist, Om-healing leader and meditation teacher.

The author has revealed secrets on basic truths about life, Ayuverdic lifestyle, living a disease free life, relationships and parenting, to mention but a few. The author also shares his belief system and remedies to everyday life problems. His thoughts on Ayuverdic lifestyle interested me the most. It was surprising to learn that some of the vegetables that are thought to be healthy are actually not! The author shares with his readers the benefits of meditation, yoga, mantras and mudras. I appreciate that he added pictures to illustrate the positions mentioned in the book. He also writes about some of his life experiences and how he applied the secrets written in this book to improve his own life and stay positive regardless of the situation. According to the author, "If getting angry does not solve the problem, then why get angry?"

I love his message on respect. The author differentiates between tolerance and respect for other people's religion. Instead of being tolerant, he advises us to respect other people's beliefs and faiths. He also encourages us to love one another because we are all one despite different points of view.

I am impressed by the author's diverse range of knowledge on religion and his willingness to experience other faiths aside from his own. He encourages us to do the same, to not limit ourselves but be open to learn from others. The author did his research. This is evidenced by how he quotes scriptures from the Quran, the Bible, the Bhagavad Gita and other religious books. The author is a Hindu, yet he recounts a story of how at his wedding, he sang an Islamic song for his Muslim friends. Impressive, isn't it? I like the way the chapters are arranged and the author's choice of words. He uses simple terms to convey the message, and the message is well understood.

However, the book was poorly edited. There are a number of grammatical errors. Commas have been habitually missed while some have been placed incorrectly. In addition to this, a whole paragraph has been duplicated. The book will definitely benefit from further editing and proofreading. For this reason, I rate Real Secrets Of Life 2 out of 4 stars.

I agree with the author that this book could be beneficial to everyone if used correctly, but more especially, I recommend it to those that want to grow spiritually and those that are interested in alternative healing modalities other than modern medicine. However, if you do not believe in spiritual beings this book might not be for you.

Real Secrets Of Life
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I think it is good that the book also contains pictures, because it is easy for uninformed readers to confuse terms in a book on this topic. Thanks for the good review.
VictoriousReader

markodim721 wrote: 03 Aug 2021, 13:07 I think it is good that the book also contains pictures, because it is easy for uninformed readers to confuse terms in a book on this topic. Thanks for the good review.
I totally agree, pictures make it easier to follow, especially when there are a lot of new terms in a book. Thank you for your comment.
VictoriousReader

Naaya123 wrote: Seems intriguing. Great review!
Thank you for stopping by. It would have been a great book if only it had been properly edited.
Unsullied
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unsullied.html
Latest Review: The Thundering Herd by John E. Peltier

Post by Unsullied »

The title of the book is quite intriguing. The poor editing is quite unfortunate. Thanks for the honest review.
Wesusa
Favorite Book: Dune
Currently Reading: A Clash of Kings
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wesusa.html
Latest Review: Thunder and Lightning, They're Not So Frightening by JD Schmith

Post by Wesusa »

Amazing review. I found it to be cohesive and it conveys your thoughts perfectly. It’s shame that there are so many errors, and I hope it gets straightened out in the future.
A process cannot be understood by stopping it. Understanding must move with the flow of the process, must join it and flow with it.

The only person who can sympathize with and understand you, is you. So, be good to yourself.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”