Review of Yesterday

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Trisha Halder
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trisha-halder.html
Latest Review: Unyielding Destiny by Spiros Gratsias (author of Unyielding Destiny)

Review of Yesterday

Post by Trisha Halder »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Yesterday" by Samyann.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In this world everyone wants to be loved but no one is ready to bear the pain of losing their loved ones. Love can be a true blessing, and can pull people out of their misery. But have you ever thought about finding your soulmate? Can love really be immortal and find you in each life, over and over again?

Yesterday by Samyann is the story of Amanda, a young woman from Chicago who lost all her faith in love . When she was grieving and blaming herself for the death of her fiance, a hot Chicago policeman named Mark Callahan appeared like a cupid's arrow to pierce through the armour that caged her heart . She saved him from a train crash and in return he saved her from eternal sorrow. It may have been a coincidence for Amanda to meet Mark, but loving every bit and piece of her was Mark's choice. But life took a mysterious turn after she bought an old grandfather's clock. Both Amanda and Mark knew that they were connected even before meeting but couldn't put their finger on the exact place. So they dived deep into their past to find meaning of their present and the tick tick tick melody of the clock brought a surge of realizations which the couple could hardly expect.

I absolutely loved every part of this book. It was such an addicting story that I just couldn't put the book down. The story had two different timelines: one in the present and another in the 18th century. The way Samyann gave us glimpses from the Civil War and Great Chicago Fire, were truly remarkable. The plot was beautifully placed between the times and it was an absolute joy to read the book. Especially the regression sessions were so well elaborated, that I felt like regressing myself and it actually made me believe in reincarnation.

Now talking about the characters, Mary has to be my favorite of all even if Callahan was a charming man himself. Mary was a professional psychologist and the only person who kept Amanda strong throughout her life. But the sarcasm of this old lady is from another world. This single, frank, open minded lady never missed an opportunity to help the couple, be it by performing regression or cracking double meaning jokes.I love the fact that Mark was always there to sooth Amanda's pain, to provide his warm protective embrace every time she needed it the most. The way he fought for his love to make her believe in love once again, is something we actually need in our real life.

I didn't hate anything specifically, but there was hunger to read more and more about the couple.

Overall the story teaches us how we must never lose faith in love and give up on life. No matter how hard life gets, always pick yourself up and walk ahead because there is always a reason to live. The book was well edited as I found only one spelling mistake. The research Samyann did on the history of the mentioned places in the book, and the way she blended the story made the book extra special. Keeping the previous points in mind, I give this book 4 out of 4 stars. I will recommend this book to those readers who will love to dive deep into the past to find the meaning of the present and to all the romance lovers.

Yesterday
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Vishnu Priya B
Currently Reading: The Unwanted Guest
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vishnu-priya-b.html
Latest Review: A Walk Through the Grapes by David Jackson

Post by Vishnu Priya B »

I loved your opening paragraph and I absolutely love the way you've played with words in the summary
When she was grieving and blaming herself for the death of her fiance, a hot Chicago policeman named Mark Callahan appeared like a cupid's arrow to pierce through the armour that caged her heart .
I enjoyed reading your review and can see how much YOU enjoyed writing it.
Kira Bonita Reece
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy, Box Set
Bookshelf Size: 358
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kira-bonita-reece.html
Latest Review: Starboard Eight by Brian Casey

Post by Kira Bonita Reece »

Love is such a beautiful thing. I know the feeling that this couple had, feeling like they had met each other before. Excellent review

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”