Review by MvR01 -- Inside Passage: by Burt Weissbourd

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mariette van Rensburg
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mvr01.html
Latest Review: The Dark Web Murders by Brian O'Hare

Review by MvR01 -- Inside Passage: by Burt Weissbourd

Post by Mariette van Rensburg »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Inside Passage:" by Burt Weissbourd.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Inside Passage by Burt Weissbourd took me completely by surprise!
I am unfamiliar with Weissbourd’s writing, Inside Passage is the first of his books that I have read, but I will definitely be reading the second and third books in this trilogy.

It starts out slow with lots of background information that makes little to no sense, but before you know it Weissbourd has you enthralled.

Corey Logan, just released from prison, wants only one thing and that is reuniting with her son. Her son has for the last two years learned to fend for himself and do not want his mother and the trouble that follows her interfering with his life. As a means to an end she has to make a good impression on psychiatrist, Dr Abe Stein, who is evaluating her for the courts. There is only one problem Nick Season, candidate for state attorney general, still sees her as a threat. She was set up, because she knows his secret. As his announcement for the candidacy draws closer he sees her as even a bigger threat. He pushes her to a point where running and disappearing with her son is the only option to survive.
Dr Stein at first do not believe the elaborate story that Corey spins, but soon he starts seeing through the intricate facade, as his well to do mother falls for Nick.

This eloquently written plot will have you on the edge of your seat page after page. You get pulled into Corey Logan’s world and find yourself rooting for her through her trails and doubt. Burt Weissbourd has a knack for building his characters in such a way that they become real flesh and blood to the reader. The plot is intricately weaved and well thought out pulling the reader into this action packed thriller. He even managed to add a thread of unexpected romance, as Corey finds a confidant and lover in the most unassuming character.

Weissbourd is truly skilled in fleshing out characters and milieus. I give this book a rating of 3 out of 4.

Inside Passage:
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

It sounds like Dr. Stein is in a tough spot. I hope Corey and her son make it safely to the end of the story. Thank you for your take on this one—enjoy books 2 and 3! :balloon:
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”