Review by Mounce574 -- The Biblical Clock

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Stephanie Runyon
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Destiny Hawkins
Favorite Book: The Omicron Six
Currently Reading: The North Factor
Bookshelf Size: 1662
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-runyon.html
Latest Review: Deadly Sexy Lizzy Vol. 1-3 by Michael Richey
Reading Device: B07R3HTWLN
fav_author_id: 100303

Review by Mounce574 -- The Biblical Clock

Post by Stephanie Runyon »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I have made a list of personal goals I want to achieve in the next five years. One of my goals is to grow in my spirituality. To do this, I want to know more about the Bible; The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann with Dania Sheldon seemed to be a good starting point for my journey.

The book is broken into three parts. Part one details Friedman's research on how to reconcile the Biblical timeline to the modern scientific timeline. Part two explains the prophecies that predict the day for when Jesus will return. Part Three ties all the research that Friedmann gathered and explains how science and the Torah can work together to help people understand “what will come at the End of Days.”

My favorite part of the entire book was found in Chapter 12. It was interesting to learn an hourly account, on the 6th day of creation, of how man went from immortal to mortal by commiting the original sin. Friedmann provides a table that shows how the general pattern of behaviors, historical actions, and the prediction for the End of Days can be aligned together.

I enjoyed the fictional stories at the beginning of each chapter. The amount of information from research was a bit daunting and the stories allowed for a "breather." I was somewhat disappointed as this book was more focused on Kabbalah and the Torah instead of the Bible. While every chapter was meant to build on the previous chapters, it seemed to repeat a lot of scientific terms that were previously explained.

This would be an excellent book for anyone that is interested in the history of the Torah, and how pieces of the original manuscripts changed the minds of scientists that were non-believers. Readers that are interested in time measurements explaining the length of Biblical day or year will definitely enjoy this as well. I found the sources to be a nice addition for supporting the contents of this book. The hyperlinks also allow for additional information on the terminology used.

I am rating the Biblical Clock 3 out of 4 stars. I deducted a star for the repetition of already explained points. The book appears very well edited, as I did not encounter any errors. The charts were used effectively to provide a visual aides for understanding. This book is suited for high school-age readers and above. The author's warning that this is not a book that can be read in one sitting is extremely accurate, as there is an amazing amount of information to absorb.

The Biblical Clock
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"Facts don't care about feelings." Ben Shapiro
"Don't try to keep up with me, I live on the edge too thin to see." Ryan Upchurch
"See, one man's inconvenience is another's joy." NF
InStoree
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-instoree.html
Latest Review: The Mermaid Broker by Sue Hinkin

Post by InStoree »

I was also disappointed that the content was focused on the Torah than on the Biblical teachings. Nevertheless, the abundant information is a great point of starting your spiritual growth. I have a list too.

Thank you for your thorough analysis!
Love is the only power out there that trumps hatred, grief, sadness, or anger.
~Tayma Tameem
Kasun Perera
Currently Reading: Kalayla
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kasun-perera.html
Latest Review: The White Coat Effect by L.B. Wells

Post by Kasun Perera »

It is a book which attempts to prove that the world is made by god. There are fictional parts as well as factual parts in this book. Thanks for the descriptive review
Mtibza eM
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtibza-em.html
Latest Review: Am I Burned Out at Work? by Salar A. Khan MD, MBA

Post by Mtibza eM »

Great review! I enjoy reading it. I will definitely check this one out.
Joy Phill
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy-phill.html
Latest Review: Megan and the Broken Snowflake Factory by Karla Ridpath

Post by Joy Phill »

Seems there are similarities between the Torah and the Psalms. This is not a book for me though. Thanks for an honest review.
Chizioboli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chizioboli.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is Not What You Think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by Chizioboli »

I am a love of religious books and your review recommend I add this book into my bookshelf. Thank you for the great job
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: People we meet on vacation
Bookshelf Size: 2398
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

I enjoyed the fictional stories at the beginning of each chapter. The amount of information from research was a bit daunting and the stories allowed for a "breather." I was somewhat disappointed as this book was more focused on Kabbalah and the Torah instead of the Bible. While every chapter was meant to build on the previous chapters, it seemed to repeat a lot of scientific terms that were previously explained.
I understand what you mean, but isn't the Torah the same as the first 5 books of the Christian Bible? Ultimately, we share a tradition that gets disrupted because Christians believe in Jesus and Jewish don't, but the start point is the same. I always appreciate these small "breathers" in books that approach such heavy topics.
I hope this book helped kick start your purpose of becoming more spiritual.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: Life at the Precipice
Bookshelf Size: 755
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Post by Bertha Jackson »

I would rather this book focused more on the Bible. Thank you for your review.
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
kdstrack
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

I appreciated your description of the book's three sections. This gives readers a good mental pictures of what to expect from the book. The author seems to have put a great deal of research into writing this book. I enjoyed your informative review. Thanks!
Yvonne Monique
Favorite Book: To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-monique.html
Latest Review: Healing Depression by C. Daley

Post by Yvonne Monique »

Although I am not interested in religious books, I enjoyed reading your review. Well done.
Upeksha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-upeksha.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Upeksha »

I like the analytical approach you have taken in your review. I enjoyed reading your review very much, and thanks for providing such a great review!
Stephanie Runyon
Favorite Author: Destiny Hawkins
Favorite Book: The Omicron Six
Currently Reading: The North Factor
Bookshelf Size: 1662
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-runyon.html
Latest Review: Deadly Sexy Lizzy Vol. 1-3 by Michael Richey
Reading Device: B07R3HTWLN
fav_author_id: 100303

Post by Stephanie Runyon »

Lunastella wrote: 15 Feb 2021, 18:31
I understand what you mean, but isn't the Torah the same as the first 5 books of the Christian Bible? Ultimately, we share a tradition that gets disrupted because Christians believe in Jesus and Jewish don't, but the start point is the same. I always appreciate these small "breathers" in books that approach such heavy topics.
I hope this book helped kick start your purpose of becoming more spiritual.
They are the same in the matter of creation and the Great flood. The Torah is likely closer in translation of the original scrolls since they are written in Hebrew.
"Facts don't care about feelings." Ben Shapiro
"Don't try to keep up with me, I live on the edge too thin to see." Ryan Upchurch
"See, one man's inconvenience is another's joy." NF
Beatus
Currently Reading: Homicide
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beatus.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Beatus »

When I read these books about spiritualism, I wonder if we are approaching learning about the origin of reality and whether we correctly perceive it right. I still believe we are getting there, regardless. Nice review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”