Review by glubglub200 -- Project Tau by Jude Austin

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
glubglub200
Currently Reading: The Giver
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-glubglub200.html
Latest Review: Mr. Germ by Itzel Machado

Review by glubglub200 -- Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by glubglub200 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Project Tau" by Jude Austin.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Project Tau by Jude Austin is a book of mystery and Mind tricks. Imagine working in a facility named GenTech where unique Projects are kept and trained to do certain things with the specific abilities they were given. Imagine that they were only supposed to use these certain abilities under the instruction of their trainers and not supposed to be intelligent enough to go off and create plans for themselves. Now imagine that they did the exact opposite and escaped. That's where the story begins as Dennison, a medic is sent off to find the Projects named Project Tau and Project Kata with the help of military-grade equipment. But he knows that these Projects are not going to be easy to subdue and along the way he may just be questioning everything he's worked for and even more the creature's motives. Be ready for an exciting ride.

When I started this story I had no idea really what it would turn out to be, I just thought it would be the simple story of trying to capture the things that had escaped and there would be some ups and downs but that everything would just simply turn out for the capturers. I had no idea what would unfold and I'm glad now that it was not just as simple as could be. Life is messy, everything is messy and this book shows just that. What I liked the most in fact was the shocker when the Projects came into the picture and their reasoning for doing what they did. Not only that but the certain way they acted that made everything clear. I can't go into too much detail as that would be some spoilers but I really liked the way they were represented.

I know as a reviewer I'm supposed to have some objections to the story but honestly, I really liked it. The only thing I disliked the most was the Mason character because he was just an ass of a character, and he used a motto device to describe the situation in the beginning. Who does that? I think he was supposed to be disliked though and that came across through and through. Eventually, his story is intertwined with the creatures and was needed to fully understand why the creatures because what they had. And it was a tragic story at that, one not for the faint of heart.

I recommend this story if you want shocks and plot twists. It starts out with you wanting the creatures to be found because you're put through the eyes of the workers there but it soon becomes a story of wanting freedom instead.

I give this story a 3 out of 4 stars because while I loved the story, I also didn't really like being set through the eyes of the people working there. I will say this though... nothing is as it seems at GenTech.

Project Tau
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”