Review by Ada Ling -- Business Basics BootCamp

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ada Ling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ada-ling.html
Latest Review: Catapulting Commissions by Anthony Garcia

Review by Ada Ling -- Business Basics BootCamp

Post by Ada Ling »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Business Basics BootCamp" by Mitche Graf.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Are you interested in working twenty-four hours a week, seven months a year, and spending the rest of your time on the most meaningful things? If your answer is "yes," read on.

Mitche Graf starts his book Business Basics BootCamp by asking the readers an essential question. After the questioning, Mitche uses 1/3 of the book to focus on making lifestyle choices and managing time. Then he spends the rest pages on marketing, sales, and pricing strategies. This book was a great read. Once I picked it up, I finished in one sitting.

I appreciate the author's unique view of the business. For example, when it comes to marketing, people will think of marketing as an expense. But Mitche would view good marketing as an investment. And one of the basic rules of marketing is it's better to be first in your category than to be second in someone else's. When it comes to sales, Mitche urges us to understand that people don't like to be sold, but they love to buy. When we are at the stage of selling a product or service, Mitche warns that there are only two outcomes: great or bad. Mediocrity makes little or no impression on most people. Keep these new perspectives on the mind; we will use different strategies to do business planning and execution.

The overall tone that the author presents to the reader is uplifting and optimistic. The author is very straightforward to point out the brutal reality of business. Yet, he boosts the readers' confidence, making the readers feel like they can achieve success if they strategize and optimize how they work. The author also gives the room for the readers to reflect instead of just tossing his ideas out. The whole book shares stories and tips just as the reader and the author sitting at the kitchen table, sipping coffee, and bouncing out the ideas passionately.

All in all, this is an outstanding book that offers information in an inspiring way. While the topic is related to business, it emphasizes a lot on life quality. There is nothing I do not like about this book. There is a minor content repeat when the author describes his routines. I only found one grammar error and a few formatting errors. These little areas did not impact my reading through the book. However, I would rate this book 3 out of 4 stars because of these minor errors. If there is a decimal rating, I will be happy to give this book a 3.5 rate.

I would recommend this book to all the new entrepreneurs and business owners. It covers not only the business but also lifestyle. This book can also be a good read for people who want to examine their current work-life status and improve.

Business Basics BootCamp
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Sou Hi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

Wow, this sounds like a well-written and intriguing book. Too bad it will be a long time for me before I become a business owner, as I'm not even working in this field :D.
Saint Bruno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: The vampires missing cape by Steve Stables
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Saint Bruno »

I enjoyed reading your well-written review. This book will be beneficial to business owners no doubt. Thanks for the recommendation.
Phelicia Gloria
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phelicia-gloria.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Phelicia Gloria »

This seems to be a great book to the entrepreneurs as it had business ideas, thanks for the detailed review.
Absence of evidence is never an evidence of absence
Eutoc
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eutoc.html
Latest Review: My Ups And Downs by Sam Barder

Post by Eutoc »

Just like you I have this soft spot for finance books that could make me read it uninterruptedly. You have a very detailed review Ada. You stated it's better to be first in your category than second in someone else's, it seems redundant. I think the emphasis was meant to be on trying to encroach someone's category.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson
AnnOgochukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annogochukwu.html
Latest Review: Our Autumn Years by Arthur Hartz

Post by AnnOgochukwu »

I'm not sure this book is for me, but I don't doubt that it has got great content. Nice review.
Live and let live, baby.
Justine Ocsebio
Currently Reading: Dancing Under The Stars
Bookshelf Size: 245
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-justine-ocsebio.html
Latest Review: Chess! A Beautiful Game for People of All Ages by Sinclair Wilkinson

Post by Justine Ocsebio »

This is a perfect book for people who are venturing into business and investment. Very insightful review.
Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Last minute wedding date by Anthony george

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

Great review. This book will really be of great important to guide business owners and those going into business afresh

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”