Review by rahilshajahan -- We are Voulhire: The Fires of...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
rahilshajahan
Currently Reading: Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rahilshajahan.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Re: Review by rahilshajahan -- We are Voulhire: The Fires of...

Post by rahilshajahan »

Jeff Kanda wrote: 15 Sep 2020, 05:11 Thanks for the wonderful review. Nice job!
Thanks for stopping by!
"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." - Steve Wright
rahilshajahan

Post by rahilshajahan »

Allen Cheque wrote: 15 Sep 2020, 05:44 I haven't read the first book in this series, but your review has definitely whetted my appetite. I think I am ready for MELDO-WRATH!
Do read the series for more MELDOWRATH!!
"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." - Steve Wright
rahilshajahan

Post by rahilshajahan »

Saint Bruno wrote: 16 Sep 2020, 03:13 If this is the second book of the series then am in! After reading the first, I am glad to learn that the second is also worth it. Thanks for this review.
Do read this book. Its awesome! Thanks for stopping by!
rahilshajahan

Post by rahilshajahan »

Omega 6 wrote: 16 Sep 2020, 03:46 I am currently reviewing this book. I hope it doesn't make my head explode because book with many names makes me lose track of the event easily.

I have read the book 3. Trust me, it had a very interesting concept but I couldn't understand what was happening because I did not read book 1 and book 2 before reading book 3. Just as the reviewer said, consider reading book 1 before reading book 2.
It specifically stated that you have to read the prequel to go for the third book. Anyways, now reading the previous book will put the pieces in the jigsaw puzzle that is your mind.
rahilshajahan

Post by rahilshajahan »

espo wrote: 16 Sep 2020, 12:02 I have exclusively seen positive reviews of this series! Seems like the author has done an amazing job. You wrote a very informative, well-written, and articulate review.
Tysz indeed has gotten huge supportive audience here. Thanks for stopping by!
rahilshajahan

Post by rahilshajahan »

Ellylion wrote: 17 Sep 2020, 09:52 This book is a bit dark for my liking. Thanks for a great review! :)
True. I like dark books.
rahilshajahan

Post by rahilshajahan »

Miriam Molina wrote: 17 Sep 2020, 16:51 Tysz seems to have a loyal fan in you! Now I really have to start reading. I think I'm six books late.
You are. Don't get in too late and become stuck in the rush hour! Haha!
azidy
Favorite Book: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azidy.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by azidy »

This book was much darker than the first one. I agree with your recommendation to fans of the thriller genre because it's not for those that dislike gore and violence. I enjoyed reading your review, good job!
Olabode Joshua
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olabode-joshua.html
Latest Review: Natural Born Gangster: The Legend of Chris Bell by C J H Moore
Reading Device: B0042D75TU

Post by Olabode Joshua »

rahilshajahan wrote: 21 Sep 2020, 03:46
Olabode Joshua wrote: 14 Sep 2020, 08:31 Rahilshajahan, your review is CATCHY. Folcro is such a pain in the a.... you know. He's bad enough to be the big villain.
No No No! Dont give spoilers. If you are hinting that the Emperor of Lullabies is Folcro, I am angry at you for putting that thought into my mind!
:D :D I wasn't hinting that he is. But, now that you mentioned it, I think it's something to ponder on
Remember, we are passers-by in this realm
rahilshajahan

Post by rahilshajahan »

azidy wrote: 21 Sep 2020, 14:41 This book was much darker than the first one. I agree with your recommendation to fans of the thriller genre because it's not for those that dislike gore and violence. I enjoyed reading your review, good job!
True. I like a book with dark tones. It sets the character for the protagonists very well. Thanks for stopping by!
rahilshajahan

Post by rahilshajahan »

Olabode Joshua wrote: 23 Sep 2020, 03:29
rahilshajahan wrote: 21 Sep 2020, 03:46
Olabode Joshua wrote: 14 Sep 2020, 08:31 Rahilshajahan, your review is CATCHY. Folcro is such a pain in the a.... you know. He's bad enough to be the big villain.
No No No! Dont give spoilers. If you are hinting that the Emperor of Lullabies is Folcro, I am angry at you for putting that thought into my mind!
:D :D I wasn't hinting that he is. But, now that you mentioned it, I think it's something to ponder on
Having read the first five books, I feel like Folcro has disappeared. There's a high chance this might be the case as there's no introduction of new pivotal characters. Also, if Tysz is going to bring a very OP character in the end stating he is the Emperor of Lullabies, I'm pretty sure everyone will be pissed at him.
jokinyo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jokinyo.html
Latest Review: The Arrow That Flies By Day by John Servant

Post by jokinyo »

Galen my favorite character, i can't wait to read this second book in the series.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”