Review by Aaron Ambers -- Worldlines by Adam Guest

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Aaron Ambers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aaron-ambers.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Review by Aaron Ambers -- Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Aaron Ambers »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Worldlines" by Adam Guest.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Worldlines by Adam Guest is an interesting novel which suggests the existence of a multiverse. It also bespeaks the existence of a doppelganger in each world. The worldlines can be interacted with when one gets into a state of unconsciousness, through sleep in any of the many worlds. Gary Jackson who is the main character of the story had his life in other worldlines affected by a near death experience, a missed lorry collision. However, in another timeline he was hit by the lorry, this affected his right limb (arm and leg). Making it invalid, thus, causing him to learn to write with his left hand and walk with the help of a walking aid for long distance journeys.

The worldline without the lorry accident has Michelle Peyton, Gary's crush from high school as his soul mate. While, the accidented Gary Jackson was turned down by Michelle Peyton after he asked her out, this resulted in his resentment for her, albeit tucked. This resulted in his murder of her in his sleep one day, causing her death in an alternate worldline, where they were a couple. Gary in the worldline where Michelle is dead was arrested and awaits trial for the murder charge. Gary Jackson from the other worldline senses that innocent Gary stands in danger of imprisonment. Hence, he gets across to Prof. Buzzard, Sinead's (Gary's best friend) lecturer from the University, in order to get justice for innocent Gary. Will Prof. Buzzard be able to help? Adam Guest, in this series communicates the possibility of Many Worlds with our doppelgangers who we can take possession of, when we drift into the unconscious state of sleep.

Adam Guest in Worldlines did a great work with plot plays, alternating between the worldlines was a job well done. The characters were conspicuous, each with his/her unque attribute. I liked the scientific notion that the existence of a multiverse may be. I however, did not like the fact that I had to be overtly concentrated to follow the story. I'd have preferred a leisure read. Adam Guest is a good writer, I look forward to the promised continuity of the series this 2020.

The editing of this text was good. I am awarding the novel a 3 out of 4 Stars, largely because of the high level of concentration that's required to sail through in its perusal. Adam Guest intelligently comments on scientific and medical terminologies. The ability to lucid dream (interface an alternate worldline) by the use of Prof. Charnock's placebo drugs sounded engaging. I did observe minor errors, which were no hindrance to the flow.

The book is recommended to adults who find the tale of multiverse absorbing, and are interested in science fiction in text form. The book contains no record of profanity, vulgarity or insult. It also does not contain mature themes. It does however, depict Donna, Gary's elder sister as gay which some religious persons may want to take note of.

Worldlines
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
What makes you different or weird – that’s your strength.” – Meryl Streep
:tiphat:
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

This book is definitely on my list. Hope, the transitions between the multiple universes will be smooth :) Thanks for a great review!
LiLj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lilj.html
Latest Review: The Two Worlds in Which we Live Physical and Spiritual by Evelyn Rozier

Post by LiLj »

I want to read this book since I have heard a lot about it but I’m not sure if it would be too confusing switching between Worldlines, thank you for your great review.
Aaron Ambers
Currently Reading:

Post by Aaron Ambers »

Ellylion wrote: 10 Aug 2020, 09:52 This book is definitely on my list. Hope, the transitions between the multiple universes will be smooth :) Thanks for a great review!
Adam Guest did a great job in alternating actions in each Worldline.
Thanks for stopping by.
Aaron Ambers
Currently Reading:

Post by Aaron Ambers »

LiLj wrote: 10 Aug 2020, 09:54 I want to read this book since I have heard a lot about it but I’m not sure if it would be too confusing switching between Worldlines, thank you for your great review.
Nah, it wouldn't confuse you at all, the author was able to make readers transist each Worldline easily.
Thanks for the comment.
Caroline Anne Richmond
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Little Book of Bad Intentions
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caroline-anne-richmond.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Caroline Anne Richmond »

Great review, I am currently reading this book and I agree with your comment the author glides you through the transition of the worldliness without too much confusion.
Aaron Ambers
Currently Reading:

Post by Aaron Ambers »

Cazrichmond wrote: 23 Aug 2020, 05:39 Great review, I am currently reading this book and I agree with your comment the author glides you through the transition of the worldliness without too much confusion.
Thanks for the comment.
Am glad you're gliding through easily.
:)

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”