Review by Priyanka2304 -- Cat Detectives in the Korean P...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Priyanka2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyanka2304.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Review by Priyanka2304 -- Cat Detectives in the Korean P...

Post by Priyanka2304 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi is yet another book of the entertaining series 'Diary of the Snoopy Cat.' Inca is the protagonist of this story and also the team leader of her furry family. In this book, the furry fellows, along with the humanoids, are gathering up at the Korean Peninsula for a friendly cooking competition. This contest marks the peacemaking talks between North Korea and South Korea.

So, put your detective hats on as this journey is going to bring an enthralling adventure when the cats will team up with their canine companions and try to find a lost Korean cat across the border. Will they be able to reunite the Korean friends separated by the boundaries of the two nations?

It was sheer fun for me to read this book. This book has beautifully presented the eternal friendship among all the characters. It was a complete delight to see how the cats and dogs were working together as a team. I was very touched by the camaraderie shared between Bo-Mi and Baram.

The most endearing feature of this book was the beautiful and interactive illustrations drawn on almost every alternate page. Children will surely love these pictures and try to make a connection with the characters. They will also learn the importance of law as there was one sequence where Ji and Bo-Mi were residing illegally without proper documentation and visa.

I enjoyed reading when the characters were chasing Enzo at the airport only to catch him red-handedly for stealing Missy's cheese. I also loved how Fromage would stop at nothing to protect his best cheese. I was captivated by the pain of the division of Korea depicted in the story.

There were no errors in the book that stopped my reading pace, as it seemed quite well-edited. I didn't find anything to dislike about this amusing piece of work that children will surely enjoy. So, I am happy to award this book the deserving 4 out of 4 stars as it is full of moments of fun and frolic. From the vocabulary used, this book will interest the children of eight to ten years of age.

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Maria Esposito
Favorite Book: The Panhandler and the Professional
Currently Reading: Live from Death Row
Bookshelf Size: 438
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria-esposito.html
Latest Review: WHY ARE THERE MONKEYS? (and other questions for God) by Brooke Jones
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Maria Esposito »

I read one book in this series and liked it, too! It really is a delightful read for children. Great job!
The strongest impetus a man will ever have, in an individual sense, will come from a woman he admires.

- George Jackson, "Soledad Brother"
Star_and_Buck
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-star-and-buck.html
Latest Review: Abby the Dog and Tigger the Cat by P.L. (Patricia) Rainey

Post by Star_and_Buck »

I do love to read this kind of books. Hope this one will not turn me down.
The ropic of cat detective fascinated me.
Thanks for the review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”