Review by Sumi8 -- Worldlines by Adam Guest

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sumi8
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sumi8.html
Latest Review: Underdog Thinking by Atul Vir

Review by Sumi8 -- Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Sumi8 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Worldlines" by Adam Guest.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Worldlines is a novel written by Adam Guest. It revolves around Gary Jackson, and how his life is affected when he realizes that the theory of Multiverse is correct and that in those worldlines, that all possible outcomes to any scenario will be possible. This concept, coupled with lucid dreaming, makes it possible for Gary to help himself in another worldline, in which he is getting charged for the murder of his girlfriend, Michelle Peyton, an incident that the other worldline's Gary can't even recall.

Gary studies physics at the University College of Southern England, along with his best friend Sinead, who went to school with him. Leyton Buzzard is their Physics professor, who introduces them to the concept of Worldlines. Initially, it seems absurd, but after a very unexplainable incident occurs, Gary considers the existence of Worldlines to be a possible explanation for it. Michelle, an undergraduate student nurse, is his girlfriend, who gets murdered by him, but Gary doesn't have any memory of it, even when there is video footage of him killing her. With the help of another Worldline's Gary, Professor Buzzard, and Sinead, Gary tries to prove his innocence in court. How he manages to find out the possible explanation for what happened and its proof, is what makes the story engaging.

There are many unexpected twists and turns in the story. Some amusing characters appear in this story, including Betsy Cohen, who takes over Gary's case. The characters are very well-written and are their personalities are pretty consistent even in the different worldlines, with minor changes happening according to the different outcomes of a situation in each worldline. The whole plot might seem a little complicated, but it is easy to understand. The writer has done a terrific job explaining the entire concept of Worldlines and made an intriguing story out of it. The beginning is a bit slow, and it takes time to become gripping, yet once it reaches that point, you won't be able to put the book down. It makes you want to read the whole story in one go.

I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars because of its unique plot, plot twists, and writing style. The ending is satisfying too. It makes you wonder, if the possibility of this kind of theory being true exists, and what kind of impact your tiny decisions could have on your life.

I recommend this book to people interested in reading about the theory of Multiverse and science-fiction lovers. There is very little use of profanity. It is exceptionally well-edited. It is suitable for teenagers and adults based on the nature of the story that involves romance and murder. I would not recommend this book to people who don't like complex plots.

Worldlines
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Bigwig1973
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Notes from Underground
Currently Reading: The Elements of Style
Bookshelf Size: 503
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigwig1973.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

Post by Bigwig1973 »

I've read this and I thought it was done very well. Legally, I think it's a potential nightmare. I wonder if identical twins have an easier time understanding these types of scenarios? Nice review on this fascinating book!
"...I'd discuss the holy books with the learned man...and that would be the sweetest thing of all...would it foil some vast, eternal plan..." Hamick Fiddler on the Roof

La Belle Dame Sans Mercy, Merci, Maria - Chartier, Keats, Hamik?
NISSE
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisse.html
Latest Review: Insights for Coaching Leaders beyond 2021 by Jill Flynn

Post by NISSE »

This is a really good book about surrounding a murder mystery as well as about the multi universe theory.I enjoyed your review !

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”