Review by anasrullah12 -- Nemesis Horizon Project

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
anasrullah12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anasrullah12.html
Latest Review: Nemesis Horizon Project by Eric Stephen Booth-Driver-Robinson

Review by anasrullah12 -- Nemesis Horizon Project

Post by anasrullah12 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Nemesis Horizon Project" by Eric Stephen Booth-Driver-Robinson.]
Book Cover
1 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

An absolutely terrible read so giving it a 1 out of 4. There are countless grammatical errors, mostly of double spaced typos and incorrectly used punctuation marks. The book has no story line whatsoever, and even if one were to read this for erotic pleasure, the scenes weren’t captivating at all. The book starts off with no mention of a year to situate the reader but then the consequent chapters have headings starting with the mid 1900s, which leaves the reader completely lost & without context. Mid book, I researched the author, Booth and found out that he has allegedly written a few plays, which might explain why the Nemesis Horizon Project is so badly written. He clearly doesn’t have much experience with writing pieces that aren’t plays. The scenes in the book change very abruptly with no transitions, which makes this book even more unbearable. Not only do the scenes have abrupt starts & ends, the chronology shown throughout the book is quite inconsistent too. What starts off as an erotica with a sexual scene, abruptly turns into a sci-fi barely 50 pages later, without any mention or hint of sci-fi elements leading up to the transition in genre. Simply put — a playwright tried writing a book and failed miserably. It’s a terrible read so don’t waste your time like I did!

Nemesis Horizon Project
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Sou Hi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

Yes, I was kind of forcing myself to finish the book, hoping to find a connection between the characters or their roles in this story. Unfortunately, it's a disappointment until the end. I don't get why Alois falls in love with Seth at all.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”