Review by Dannyphery -- The Reel Sisters

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Dannyphery
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dannyphery.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Review by Dannyphery -- The Reel Sisters

Post by Dannyphery »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings is a story of friendship, love, and family, all well mixed and spiced up to develop an amazing read.

Four women (Sophie, Amanda, Rose, and Veronica) from different backgrounds, who in their quest for a moment of escape from the real world, get intertwined in the love of an interesting recreational activity: Fly Fishing. It happened that one day in the middle of their time fishing, they saved a young lady, Melody, who was being washed down the river and took care of her. Melody seems to have bonded with these women, each with unique personalities that make them special. They become so close and love spending time together. They have each other’s backs and help one another through the hurdles of life which they are faced with.

The Reel Sisters is a fiction story written in the first-person narrative. It is a very informative piece with an interesting plot. It has 429 pages and is divided into 10 sections. I loved how Michelle, the author, was able to carry the reader along. She did an exquisite work with the character development as she gave a detailed introduction of each of them. Her ability to tell the story from the view point of the different characters and still not spoil the flow of the beautiful story is mind-blowing. The author has an amazing descriptive skill that allows the reader to visualize and have a beautiful picture of what is actually going on in the book and to me, it was top notch. The description of the beautiful Arkansas Rivers got me fascinated about the location.

At some point, at the beginning of the book, it was somewhat boring with the excessive detailing of fly fishing and that was my only problem with this book. Melody was my favorite character. She's one very active, multiskilled, and strong-willed girl. I love her character because she was real and relatable, though crazy but still a nice young lady.

I rate The Reel Sisters with a four out of four stars. The book was professionally. There were instances of profanity coupled with a bit of romance but no erotic scene.

This book has a wide scope of audience and I would recommend this book to everyone out there since there is a lot to learn with regard to relationships, and family. I think every young person who is scared to try out something new and those interested in fly fishing would find this book interesting as well.

The Reel Sisters
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Leen282
Currently Reading: Live Your Life of Abundance
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leen282.html
Latest Review: Beautifully Scarred by Cewanda Todd

Post by Leen282 »

I loved this book and enjoy reading other people's comments on it. Happy you enjoyed it as well.
Tonika632
Currently Reading: White Night
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tonika632.html
Latest Review: Chemicals and Christians by Martha McLaughlin

Post by Tonika632 »

I am currently reading this book, and I love it by far. Nice review!
Dannyphery

Post by Dannyphery »

Leen282 wrote: 09 Jun 2020, 04:27 I loved this book and enjoy reading other people's comments on it. Happy you enjoyed it as well.
It's really a lovely book.
Dannyphery

Post by Dannyphery »

Tonika632 wrote: 09 Jun 2020, 15:30 I am currently reading this book, and I love it by far. Nice review!
Thanks Tonika632...
I'm sure you'll enjoy every bit of it
Kachi_Ejiogu+_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kachi-ejiogu.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Kachi_Ejiogu+_ »

I just picked up this book, but I think I love the writer's ability to tell the story from the viewpoint of the different characters and still not spoil the flow of the beautiful story. Excellent review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”