Review by Orizon -- The Hand Bringer

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Oyedeji Okikioluwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 964
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-orizon.html
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi

Review by Orizon -- The Hand Bringer

Post by Oyedeji Okikioluwa »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Hand Bringer" by Christopher J. Penington.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

If given a chance to go back in time, what would you change? The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington is a fictional novel with tales of time travel intertwined with vampirism. It encompasses stories of religion, love, vampirism, and a bit of historical fiction.

Hadrian Peter, a police officer, is bitten by a vampire. He and his friend, Luke McElroy, are then taken to the Apocalypse Suppression Administration (ASA), where Peter is saved from death and made a strong anti-vampire. They are sent with a few others to 1476 to track down the Vlad of Romania, Dracula and kill him. Peter agrees to go on this mission if only he is sent to October 2013 as compensation. Before embarking on this journey, he meets a vampire named Boriana, who hands a dagger over to him. In the past, Peter and the rest were faced with difficult situations, including killing the queen of Strigoi, Deycheaba. Read this fantastic suspenseful thriller to find out what happens.

The suspense and element of surprise in the book made the plot a captivating one. The photographic skill of the author is fabulous. For example, the way Christopher J. Penington use medical terms to describe the abilities of vampires, while still giving the storyline a spiritual or paranormal plot is fantastic. Also, when the story was taken to the past, the author described how things were around the 1400s, and that was awesome. More so, I loved how the author assembles characters, developed them, and how they performed essential roles.

Amongst the numerous characters in The Hand Bringer, my favorite is Boriana. There were a lot of circumstances she was faced with, including stabbing Peter, who she really loved. Without her, everything wouldn’t have a foothold. There is nothing I dislike about this book, and one of my favorite scenes was the last battle between Peter, Deycheaba, and Dracula. Even after the Sabia de Senge was lost, he was able to defeat Deycheaba and Dracula with the help of Bat and the remaining soldiers. The book possessed excellent structuring and simple terms that helped achieve an easy understanding.

There were a few errors I encountered while reading this book. These errors didn’t slow me down or hinder my reading comprehension. The book also had an exciting storyline, but the sexual content, profane language used, and violent scenes compel me to rate The Hand Bringer 3 out of 4 stars. Due to the sexual nature of the book, it is unsuitable for children. I recommend the book for people who love science fiction, vampire tales, and romance.

The Hand Bringer
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi
Uncle_Praise
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uncle-praise.html
Latest Review: Rescued by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Uncle_Praise »

Great review, I just started reading the Hand bringer. Sounds like an intriguing horror and science fiction novel
Veraok
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 307
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veraok.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Veraok »

I am really not a fan of science fiction novels but the the tittle is eye catching. so giving it a trial won't be a bad idea. Nice review
Caffrey_19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caffrey-19.html
Latest Review: Rescued by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Caffrey_19 »

It looks like the book portrays reincarnation, resilience, supernatural beings as well time-travel. Nice work.
bookreviewmi1111
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookreviewmi1111.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by bookreviewmi1111 »

I rated it 4 stars, but I understand your criticism here! Thanks for the honest review!
Tonika632
Currently Reading: White Night
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tonika632.html
Latest Review: Chemicals and Christians by Martha McLaughlin

Post by Tonika632 »

Great review! I enjoyed this book because of its originality.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”