Review by ankushavhad -- The Dark Web Murders

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ankushavhad
Favorite Book: Gardening With Guns
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ankushavhad.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Review by ankushavhad -- The Dark Web Murders

Post by ankushavhad »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Dark Web Murders" by Brian O'Hare.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The novel “The Dark Web Murders ” is a fast-paced, character-driven, detective thriller. This is a fourth volume in The Inspector Sheehan Mysteries series, by Dr.Brian O’Hare. The newly added treasurer herald the list of focal characters under Dramatic Personnae and the glossary of Northern Ireland police terms and acronyms let readers quick reference to resemble the crew in context. Compassing visualize the characters, and relate fancying the scene live.

The story keeps you bind well from the prologue that narrates the background of a young man’s murder in the prison several years past. The flashback keeps reader curious about the relevance in present scene detailing engaging in The Club functional in Northern Ireland. There comes the investigation presumed by Chief Inspector Jim Sheehan. The story revolves around the main character Detective Sheehan and his team. They seek only clue from murderer's exploiting blog on dark web as a driving aide to the mystery mission. Sheehan’s investigating skills and intelligence is well described throughout the story. The pattern in four serial killings keeps Sheehan challenging with no reason to object the suspect. The culprit is an evil psychopath, clever and intelligent enough to succeed convincing his deed philosophically. The innocent NEMEIN’s cunning call remains ever challenging to investigate the true story behind the scene. The blogger continues to murder his victims with impunity throws challenge to administration. Sheehan discovers the reality only during a terrible climax his teammates encounter. It is not right to reveal the dramatic Climax in this review. The book keeps reader’s thrill lingering as reading curiously in the natural flow of story and be shocked reaching in the epilogue. Sheehan and team explore a series of underworld community in dark side indulged in horrific crimes.

I liked the best use of the medium of virtual place -- blog in deep web best placed carries the story sentient. The topics delve into the darkest domain of the human mind exposing not so social topics. This novel will appeal to the crime fiction readers who love psychological thrillers with easy acceptance to darker side of the society. An engaging storytelling thriller of secrete murder plot, is targeted mostly to mystery lovers. The story is on par with horror movies or mystery TV shows.

I admire this mystery book a lot, as the author succeeded keeping the suspense until the epilogue is clear. I do got thrilled just by reading in the blog, and the way it justifies the killing. Reading made me anxious enough and obvious page-turner kept me guessing. The book did transcribe Investigator’s intelligence and his analytical skills in detail. He conveyed animating scenes rendering in his dialogues. Detective Shaheen steals the show, as he hosts the journey in the investigation throughout the episodes. The author made real modelling by describing fascinating scenes that readers ought to visualise them through imaginations. The rich contented dialogues delineate the things and places in the plots carry the story alive

In totality, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. Although few surplus dialogues in some parts add redundancy, the entire conversations feel natural and subjective with reference to the terms used in profession. No negative points because the book looks error-free and narrations speak to us. For novice readers having no or some knowledge of terms generally used in Police Service of Northern Ireland, is likely to take more time to relate the context in dialogues, yet interesting to know. Due to violence, sexual innuendos and detailing criminal and human trafficking subjects, it is not encouraged to minors and weak-minded readers.

I highly recommend this book, as the story had succeeded the magic of keeping the readers stunned. It is a finely edited novel of its kind. I learnt about many such protocols in police procedures of Northern Ireland, and norms of functioning in allied agencies in forensic, psychology, as well as political and social arena. For mystery readers it is a good to have piece of classic novel. Author had also appended summarises gist of his previous volume in the end. This is a handy reference to build more interest and helps sync the platform towards the journey in the world of mystery murder series.

The Dark Web Murders
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

This author has a knack for writing interesting mysteries. I have read other books that feature Inspector Sheehan and enjoy his detective skills. The lists at the beginning of the book are helpful. Thanks for your informative review of this book!
ankushavhad
Currently Reading:

Post by ankushavhad »

kdstrack wrote: 29 May 2020, 16:32 This author has a knack for writing interesting mysteries. I have read other books that feature Inspector Sheehan and enjoy his detective skills. The lists at the beginning of the book are helpful. Thanks for your informative review of this book!
Appreciate your words. Yes, I am very much impressed of the character Inspector Sheehan. He is the real hero in the story, and rightly portrayed by Brian O'Hare.
Jlblawrence
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jlblawrence.html
Latest Review: We Don't Just Eat Lettuce! by Allyn Raifstanger

Post by Jlblawrence »

This just sounds like such a thrilling and captivating read! Thank you for the exciting review!
ankushavhad
Currently Reading:

Post by ankushavhad »

Jlblawrence wrote: 30 May 2020, 01:38 This just sounds like such a thrilling and captivating read! Thank you for the exciting review!
Thanks Jlblawrence, for your right guess. Yes, the book is more than a thriller movie we seldom keep guessing the plot development in such themes.
~ Ankush
Elvis Best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-best.html
Latest Review: Teething Problems by Mark Fletcher

Post by Elvis Best »

Truly, I was kept in suspense throughout this book, and totally surprised at the end. I really enjoyed reading your review and your opinions about the book. Great job!
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
ankushavhad
Currently Reading:

Post by ankushavhad »

Elvis Best wrote: 08 Jul 2020, 12:21 Truly, I was kept in suspense throughout this book, and totally surprised at the end. I really enjoyed reading your review and your opinions about the book. Great job!
True Elvis Best. That's the pull in the novel. The suspense is head spinning when we go with Inspector Sheehan!
A great thriller throughout.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”