Review by Nerea -- The Billionaires’ Handbook

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nerea
Favorite Author: William H. Coles
Favorite Book: Diamond and Pearls
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 675
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerea.html
Latest Review: Little White Lies by JC Anderson
Reading Device: Laptop
fav_author_id: 89641
Signature Addition: No Wahala

Review by Nerea -- The Billionaires’ Handbook

Post by Nerea »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Billionaires’ Handbook" by Andrew Stevenson.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

“If you intend to always do good, you will fare badly.”

Stereotypes think billionaires get to where they are by not following the rules. Surprisingly, billionaires write down rules to follow that will help them govern their pursuits.

I did not expect to find different ideas from what I thought the book portrays. Upon selecting the book, I thought the handbook would convey a singular experience about the author of how he made it to a billionaire, but that was not the case.

Capitalism and cynicism are terms describing the global relation and economic condition. Each has rules that affect the global economy and benefit not only the billionaires but also the friends of the billionaires. Notably, the rules can be re-written to boost or fix the gaps in the global economic condition. But why were the rules put in place? Grab a copy of the book and find out.

Andrew Stephenson’s book The Billionaires’ Handbook is a non-fiction narrative that explains theoretically and illustratively about the global economy and the rules that govern its stability.

The narrative is voiced from all the perspectives, that is, the first-person, the second-person, and the third-person perspective. But the dominant perspective is the second-person. Additionally, the tone used is both instructive and conversational. Remarkably, the author used simple language that can be easily understood by a broad audience. Commendably, there is a balanced use of both simple and complex sentences. Furthermore, there are no run-on, intricate, or wordy sentences in the narrative, thus boosting the quality of the writing.

I find the artwork essential because it helps the reader understand better the idea being explained. I’m sure visual readers will enjoy more reading this book. One of my favorite capitalism rules is rule number 4. It talks about leveraging your business with loans because they can boost your capital and maintain the financial stability of your business.

I beg to differ with capitalism rules number 1 and 11 that talks about taxes. The ideas expressed under those rules sound brilliant but are dangerous because when things turn south by accident, no savior can rescue you from the turmoil. None of the cynicism rules impressed me. (I don’t want to go into detail to avoid dropping spoilers.)

This is an interesting material that can be read in one sitting. After reading the book, I got the impression that billionaires are arrogant, non-empathetic, and look down upon poverty-stricken communities. I’m not sure if this applies to all billionaires or a few of them. The book is exceptionally edited. There were no grammatical errors. It contains a few non-borderline profanities. Therefore, sensitive readers are advised to skip the book. It wouldn’t be fair for me to deduct a mark due to personal disputes about the book. I, therefore, reward the book a 4 out of 4 stars.

Those aspiring to become billionaires may find the book useful.

The Billionaires’ Handbook
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"Regular reading improves your grammar."
No Wahala
Lisa A Rayburn
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Fluff Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 267
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-a-rayburn.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B018QAYM7C

Post by Lisa A Rayburn »

As I don't think at this point in my life I will ever be a billionaire, and they really seem to have come off as arrogant manipulators in this book, I think I'll give this one a hard pass. Thanks for the detailed review!
Nerea
Currently Reading:

Post by Nerea »

Kelyn wrote: 06 Apr 2020, 20:47 As I don't think at this point in my life I will ever be a billionaire, and they really seem to have come off as arrogant manipulators in this book, I think I'll give this one a hard pass. Thanks for the detailed review!
I totally understand. I was shocked to find out the book did not portray what I expected. Thanks for coming through Kelyn. :tiphat:
No Wahala
Stephanie Runyon
Favorite Author: Destiny Hawkins
Favorite Book: The Omicron Six
Currently Reading: The North Factor
Bookshelf Size: 1662
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-runyon.html
Latest Review: Deadly Sexy Lizzy Vol. 1-3 by Michael Richey
Reading Device: B07R3HTWLN
fav_author_id: 100303

Post by Stephanie Runyon »

I am interested in seeing this "instructional" book and what rules are broken. I like how you gave enough information to catch my interest, and then left it open so I have to read it. Good job!
"Facts don't care about feelings." Ben Shapiro
"Don't try to keep up with me, I live on the edge too thin to see." Ryan Upchurch
"See, one man's inconvenience is another's joy." NF
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

I think the arrogant attitude of the author would turn me off the book. As I don't really have any aspirations of becoming a billionaire, I will pass on this one. Thanks for your honest and informative review!
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: People we meet on vacation
Bookshelf Size: 2398
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

At least it seems like this is honest...? :eusa-think:
I'm sure I won't agree with a lot of the practices that just continue the cycle of wealth inequality but I appreciate the sincerity.
Thank you!
Nerea
Currently Reading:

Post by Nerea »

Mounce574 wrote: 08 Apr 2020, 11:21 I am interested in seeing this "instructional" book and what rules are broken. I like how you gave enough information to catch my interest, and then left it open so I have to read it. Good job!
Awesome. Enjoy your reading of the book. I'd love to read your review of the book. Thanks a lot.
No Wahala
Nerea
Currently Reading:

Post by Nerea »

Prisallen wrote: 08 Apr 2020, 12:35 I think the arrogant attitude of the author would turn me off the book. As I don't really have any aspirations of becoming a billionaire, I will pass on this one. Thanks for your honest and informative review!
I understand. Thank you so much for reading my review and leave a comment. :tiphat:
No Wahala
Nerea
Currently Reading:

Post by Nerea »

Lunastella wrote: 08 Apr 2020, 20:47 At least it seems like this is honest...? :eusa-think:
I'm sure I won't agree with a lot of the practices that just continue the cycle of wealth inequality but I appreciate the sincerity.
Thank you!
Thank you for coming through and leave a comment. Highly appreciated. :tiphat:
No Wahala
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 585
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Marissa Michael »

I have read books like this before but would love to explore this book in case this author has different opinions. I never meet any billionaires before so I can't say much about them. Thanks for your review.
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

You indeed made a very detailed analysis of the book. However, this book will probably not be my cup of tea, so I will skip it. Thanks for an amazing review, though!
Nerea
Currently Reading:

Post by Nerea »

ParadoxicalWoman wrote: 16 Apr 2020, 00:36 I have read books like this before but would love to explore this book in case this author has different opinions. I never meet any billionaires before so I can't say much about them. Thanks for your review.
Sure thing. I hope you enjoy reading the book. Thank you.
No Wahala
Nerea
Currently Reading:

Post by Nerea »

Shrabastee wrote: 21 Apr 2020, 10:27 You indeed made a very detailed analysis of the book. However, this book will probably not be my cup of tea, so I will skip it. Thanks for an amazing review, though!
It's understandable. Thank you for reading and leaving a comment.
No Wahala

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”