Review by Elmaestro -- Let’s Mountain Bike!

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Elmaestro
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elmaestro.html
Latest Review: Let’s Mountain Bike! by Paul Molenberg

Review by Elmaestro -- Let’s Mountain Bike!

Post by Elmaestro »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Let’s Mountain Bike!" by Paul Molenberg.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Let's Mountain Bike! by Paul Molenburg.
"The expectations of life depend upon diligence; the mechanic that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools." This is an intriguing quote by Confucius I extracted from Let's Mountain Bike!; which is written by Paul Molenburg. This is a book that tries to give insight into the sport of mountain biking. It provides one with much needed information and advice for riding, whether you are a beginner or experienced rider. I may say it is some kind of guidebook for those who would want to advance their cycling performance.

Mecklenburg has began the book by introducing the reader to mountain biking and also highlighting its benefits. In a broad manner, he has explained the different types of mountain bikes. He has also given tips on the various categories of bikes to choose when selecting one. Also, he has given a detailed advice on how to purchase a good bike at relatively best price, what to consider when buying a used bike, he tells about accessories, how to ride, what to do when preparing yourself and the bike, types of bike crashes, and how to avoid the bike crashes. In addition, he tells about the types of bike races and how to prepare for the races, such as the type of nuitrion and hydration to practice for a successful race. Summarily, the book tells one all they need to know and understand about mountain biking.

With a captivating and memorable introductio,
Molenburg explains what this book is about and offers very clear examples right off the bat. This makes the reader eagerly expectant for what comes next. The first part of the book offers a very interesting insight into the nature of bikes and how to understand their different parts. I found his advice on how to select the different categories of bikes especially helpful: it was clear, instructive and quite eye-opening. Molenburg even included a very handy description of bike parts in his first part of the book to drive his key points home. However, this book is not supposed to be blazed through. Readers ought to take their time with it. The author figuratively details about mountain biking and how to enjoy it to our advantage, recommending practical, evidence-based techniques to do so.

There is a lot to like about this book. Molenburg writes in a conversational, common-sense style that makes for easy reading. Another thing I appreciated was the flow and pacing of the book. Molenburg introduces a part, connects it with chapters figuratively, provides some descriptive commentary, and then moves on. I also envied how he introduces each chapter quotes done by great minds such as Confucious and Joe Weider. This book should therefore find a wide audience. It is scholarly, but also accessible to the layman, so anyone can enjoy it.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. There was nothing I disliked about this book. This is one of the most fascinating book I have ever read. I did not see any errors in grammar. With this, the reading flow was awesome. I recommend it to anyone who enjoys books on adventure and travel.

Let’s Mountain Bike!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Kanda_theGreat
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanda-thegreat.html
Latest Review: Born To Survive by Kylie-Anne Evans

Post by Kanda_theGreat »

The author's vast experience in mountain biking greatly informed his sentiments.
I really appreciate how your review has captured that.
Bet on Me! :idea:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”