Review by Kanda_theGreat -- Let’s Mountain Bike!

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kanda_theGreat
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanda-thegreat.html
Latest Review: Born To Survive by Kylie-Anne Evans

Review by Kanda_theGreat -- Let’s Mountain Bike!

Post by Kanda_theGreat »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Let’s Mountain Bike!" by Paul Molenberg.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Let's Mountain Bike! by Paul Molenberg is a non-fictional book that addresses bike riding, specifically mountain bikes. The book is divided into five parts and twenty chapters. This structural division has enabled the author to address different aspects about the experience of riding a mountain bike, without sounding repetitive. The parts independently deal with factors to consider when acquiring a new mountain bike, preparing to ride, the actual riding skills, fitness training and finally any other factors to consider. The author's unbiased approach ensured that both men and women can borrow a skill or two from the book.

Molenberg has given us different categories of bikes, which range from: hard tail cross-country, trail bikes, aggressive trail bikes, gravity driven bikes, plus-sized bikes and further descriptions of more categories of other types of bikes. The categories classify the bikes according to their tire size, their frame sizes and suspension types. This is because such qualities determine whether a bike can be comfortable rode in ascending or descending a hill, or riding on a flat terrain. The author has also informed his readers on which bikes they can purchase depending on their budgets, by providing a list of conventional prices for different types of bikes.

I liked the inclusion of graphic images in the book, which aided in creating an aspect of precision to the reader. One is able to clearly see the distinguishing features of the different categories of the bikes. Moreover, scales have been provided, which act as parameters through which a reader can measure different aspects of the bike. The different parts of bikes have also been illustrated graphically to enable a reader tell them apart. Although I have literary no experience in mountain bike riding, I was able to understand what the author was talking about, which would not have been possible in outright narration alone.

The author's holistic approach to mountain bike riding is commendable, as this gives the book an "all you need" characteristic. Molenberg considered the fact that a reader's safety is of essence in the various terrain. He has provided examples of threats that a rider is likely to face, which are all caused by wild animals. Amateur riders can basically begin their first riding experiences with the advices contained in this book, and end up contented.

I only found a single typographical error in the book and, therefore, believe that it was professionally edited.I rate it four out of four stars and recommend it to any reader who wants to try mountain bike riding. Experienced riders can also borrow an insight or two from this book.

Let’s Mountain Bike!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Bet on Me! :idea:
Luc1e
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Luc1e »

As a bike lover, this has attracted me
. Thankyou for showing me this must read
AvidBibliophile
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Gold Digger
Bookshelf Size: 480
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avidbibliophile.html
Latest Review: How I Became Santa Clause by Chris Kringle

Post by AvidBibliophile »

It truly does sound like the author did an efficient job of organizing all of the relevant bike information in an easily approachable way. I read the first ten pages and was also impressed by the organizational layout and educational approach. Thanks for your review!
Kanda_theGreat

Post by Kanda_theGreat »

AvidBibliophile wrote: 31 Mar 2020, 20:52 It truly does sound like the author did an efficient job of organizing all of the relevant bike information in an easily approachable way. I read the first ten pages and was also impressed by the organizational layout and educational approach. Thanks for your review!
Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Kanda_theGreat

Post by Kanda_theGreat »

Luc1e wrote: 31 Mar 2020, 20:46 As a bike lover, this has attracted me
. Thankyou for showing me this must read
I'm happy that my review has been helpful to you, thank you for the kind words.
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now
Bookshelf Size: 408
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

Seemingly a good educational book. I would like to try this one since I like the sport. Thanks for the nice review 👍👍
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
InStoree
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-instoree.html
Latest Review: The Mermaid Broker by Sue Hinkin

Post by InStoree »

I don't think this book is for me, but I do have a friend who is in love with cycling sport, and this topic seems just right for him. I will certainly recommend it. Thank you! Splendid review!
Love is the only power out there that trumps hatred, grief, sadness, or anger.
~Tayma Tameem
Kanda_theGreat

Post by Kanda_theGreat »

InStoree wrote: 03 Apr 2020, 07:49 I don't think this book is for me, but I do have a friend who is in love with cycling sport, and this topic seems just right for him. I will certainly recommend it. Thank you! Splendid review!
I'm grateful that you took time to read and comment on my review.
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

I have never done any mountain biking, and I'm afraid that I am too old to start now. However, this book seems to have a lot of good information for those who are interested in it. Thanks for the informative and interesting review!
Kanda_theGreat

Post by Kanda_theGreat »

Prisallen wrote: 06 Apr 2020, 08:31 I have never done any mountain biking, and I'm afraid that I am too old to start now. However, this book seems to have a lot of good information for those who are interested in it. Thanks for the informative and interesting review!
I really appreciate your feedback.
Adina Lutinger
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adina-lutinger.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Adina Lutinger »

This seems like a thorough and useful book for people who are interested in mountain biking. Thanks for the great review!
Kanda_theGreat

Post by Kanda_theGreat »

SomeoneInTheWorld wrote: 07 Apr 2020, 06:56 This seems like a thorough and useful book for people who are interested in mountain biking. Thanks for the great review!
I really appreciate your feedback.
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 379
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Dissonance by Aaron Ryan
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

I had never thought about wild animals being dangerous to bikers, but I can see why they would be a hazard. This book sounds like a great guide. Nice review!
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
Yasmeen_Bhasin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yasmeen-bhasin.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Yasmeen_Bhasin »

I love cycling within the city, but mountain biking is a different ball-game altogether. Your review is enticing me to learn more about this outdoor sport through this book. A very comprehensive yet crisp review. Really enjoyed reading it.
Kanda_theGreat

Post by Kanda_theGreat »

ButterscotchCherrie wrote: 07 Apr 2020, 13:43 I had never thought about wild animals being dangerous to bikers, but I can see why they would be a hazard. This book sounds like a great guide. Nice review!
It also caught me by surprise that wild animals could actually impedes one's mountain biking experience.
Thank you for the comment.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”