Review by Abigail Mora -- The Mindset by Ace Bowers

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Abigail Mora
Currently Reading: Seized
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abigail-mora.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Review by Abigail Mora -- The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Abigail Mora »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Mindset" by Ace Bowers.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Mindset: My Journey from Janitor to Silicon Valley Millionaire in Five Years, by Ace Bowers is a memoir. Opposite to what I expected from the title, a step-by-step recipe for success, it turned out to be a conscious exercise from the part of Ace to lighten the burden of his tough childhood. In ten short chapters, he tells the story of his life in a very mindful way. He guides you through the struggles he had as a child with alcoholic parents in an aggressive environment, all the way into his adult life. He sets the scene of every situation and makes you feel you are reliving them along. At first, it seems somber and discouraging, but then the mindset appears.

What I liked about the book was just about everything. Since it is not a recipe for success, he is not trying to sell an idea. He just shares his deepest feelings and thoughts. I like the way everything makes sense, and it has a beautiful reason for being. The name of every chapter is so meaningful. The title of the book could not be more accurate. What I liked the most is the mindset itself. Insights like “if you are comfortable, you are not growing”, or “complacency kills”, or “hard work is underestimated” were my favorite. I enjoyed so much being a witness of the author’s growth. There is a point where he says that milestones in people’s lives are so different from his, which are more humble, and I felt very identified with that thought.

I would recommend this book to everybody. Teenagers, adults, no matter what kind of reader you are, it will take you a day or two to finish this book, and you will definitely enjoy it. If you believe you can learn from others’ experiences and be inspired by them, then this book is the right for you.

I cannot think of anything I did not like about the book, except for the format. It might not be part of the book per se, but in my opinion, PDF files are so limited, and it would not hurt for the author to provide a copy of his book in an EPUB format or the like.

I definitely rate this book 4 out of 4 stars, it is interesting, concise, and it is well-edited. I did not find any spelling or grammatical error.

The Mindset
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”