Review by Salma_asa -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Salma_asa
Currently Reading: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salma-asa.html
Latest Review: Child of the Sun Complete Edition by Michael Van Cleve

Re: Review by Salma_asa -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Salma_asa »

Nerea wrote: 12 Feb 2020, 05:15 The author seem to have endured tribulations. I like his courage and optimism. Majority of entrepreneurs will draw lessons from reading this book. Thanks for the review.
You are right about the author. You are an observer! Thanks for the comment.
Salma_asa

Post by Salma_asa »

NetMassimo wrote: 12 Feb 2020, 04:12 This seems an interesting story of endurance told by a person who passed through serious hardship. Financial jargon is like an alien language to me, so I understand why it bothered you. Thank you for your review!
Yeah! It is a very interesting story. Keeping the jargon aside, i really enjoyed it.
A_B_M_Safiulla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by A_B_M_Safiulla »

Though I was confused whether this book was worth reading, it seems like a really interesting plot. I look forward to read it. Well written review!
Lisa A Rayburn
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Fluff Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 267
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-a-rayburn.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B018QAYM7C

Post by Lisa A Rayburn »

Courage and determination in the face of challenges and setbacks are always an inspiration. The author seems to have weathered a fair lot of the second using quite a bit of the first. Memoirs aren't really my cup of tea, but thanks for the excellent review!
Salma_asa

Post by Salma_asa »

A_B_M_Safiulla wrote: 12 Feb 2020, 23:37 Though I was confused whether this book was worth reading, it seems like a really interesting plot. I look forward to read it. Well written review!
Thank you Safiulla! I hope you enjoy your reading. I love you!
Salma_asa

Post by Salma_asa »

Kelyn wrote: 13 Feb 2020, 00:20 Courage and determination in the face of challenges and setbacks are always an inspiration. The author seems to have weathered a fair lot of the second using quite a bit of the first. Memoirs aren't really my cup of tea, but thanks for the excellent review!
Thank you so much for your kind words. If you get a chance, do read this book. I hope you won't be disappointed.
InStoree
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-instoree.html
Latest Review: The Mermaid Broker by Sue Hinkin

Post by InStoree »

Salma_asa wrote: 07 Feb 2020, 01:51 Like a Phoenix, he rose from the ashes again.
Now that is a tough challenge that life throws. I can only imagine the hardships the author went through. I'm glad that the book also presents some social issues that, unfortunately, our society still faces. Thank you for your insightful review!
Love is the only power out there that trumps hatred, grief, sadness, or anger.
~Tayma Tameem
Salma_asa

Post by Salma_asa »

InStoree wrote: 13 Feb 2020, 03:15
Salma_asa wrote: 07 Feb 2020, 01:51 Like a Phoenix, he rose from the ashes again.
Now that is a tough challenge that life throws. I can only imagine the hardships the author went through. I'm glad that the book also presents some social issues that, unfortunately, our society still faces. Thank you for your insightful review!
Thanks for your kind and perceptive opinion.
Maria Esposito
Favorite Book: The Panhandler and the Professional
Currently Reading: Live from Death Row
Bookshelf Size: 438
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria-esposito.html
Latest Review: WHY ARE THERE MONKEYS? (and other questions for God) by Brooke Jones
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Maria Esposito »

I am currently in the middle of reviewing this book and I have to say that it’s also helped me get through a burn zone of my own. I agree with you that the final chapters contained lots of legal and financial information that I wasn’t able to get a grasp on. Thank you for sharing your thoughts in this insightful review!
The strongest impetus a man will ever have, in an individual sense, will come from a woman he admires.

- George Jackson, "Soledad Brother"
[Danielle]
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danielle.html
Latest Review: The Global Reconstruction Project by S. Cotton

Post by [Danielle] »

I have been debating on reading this book ever since it popped up as a book to review. However, I am not normally a non-fiction fan when reading for pleasure. It sounds like there are elements that are more story-driven, however, so maybe I'll give it a shot.
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore
Salma_asa

Post by Salma_asa »

[Danielle] wrote: 14 Mar 2020, 13:26 I have been debating on reading this book ever since it popped up as a book to review. However, I am not normally a non-fiction fan when reading for pleasure. It sounds like there are elements that are more story-driven, however, so maybe I'll give it a shot.
Thanks for commenting!
Salma_asa

Post by Salma_asa »

espo wrote: 14 Feb 2020, 13:51 I am currently in the middle of reviewing this book and I have to say that it’s also helped me get through a burn zone of my own. I agree with you that the final chapters contained lots of legal and financial information that I wasn’t able to get a grasp on. Thank you for sharing your thoughts in this insightful review!
Thanks for commenting!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”