Review by Nickolas Farmakis -- Of Zots and Xoodles

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nikolas Farmakis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nickolas-farmakis.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Review by Nickolas Farmakis -- Of Zots and Xoodles

Post by Nikolas Farmakis »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Of Zots and Xoodles" by Zarqnon the Embarrassed.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed is a fictional story about the creation of the universe. The author introduces some scientific elements to the short story, but the main plot in the book is fictional. The book is illustrated beautifully, while the author writes in a formal tone, creating a serious atmosphere in the text.

The writer begins the story by describing how a man named Theodil creates several small dots, which are named Zots. A while later, the small dots become noodle-like, therefore they are called Xoodles. With these Xoodles, Theodil begins creating the universe, as he creates light, time, and gravity. The author considers various philosophical and scientific concepts in his story, thereby giving some ideas regarding the creation of the universe.

This book contains many positive characteristics. More specifically, the book is amazingly illustrated, engaging the reader in the story and helping him/her understand the events unfolding in the novel. Moreover, the author is concise, which grasps the reader’s attention, as the writer avoids being repetitive, monotonous, and boring. I also did not find any errors in the book, meaning that the text has been professionally edited. Lastly, what I liked most about this book was the fact that the author included various linguistic devices and narrative techniques that intrigued me. The author has expertly written this book, while his proficiency in English is evidently exceptional.

Nonetheless, the story also contained a few negative attributes that eroded its quality. More analytically, the writer is too technical and too scientific in certain cases, which creates a boring mood in the text. Furthermore, the book is confusing to read, as it lacks a clear, coherent, and logical structure because the writer has failed to clearly explain his reasoning to the reader. Also, the ending of the book is abrupt and sudden, which further confuses the reader.

This book is best suited for readers who have some scientific knowledge and are interested in fictional stories. To be more precise, readers with no scientific knowledge will feel lost and bored when reading this book. This book is equally suited for readers of all religions, including atheists.

Conclusively, I rate this book with 2 out of 4 stars. I did not give this book a higher rating, as it was boring and confusing in some parts. Nevertheless, a lower rating would have been unfair, as the author has successfully created an original story that engages the reader.

Of Zots and Xoodles
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Julius_
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Roger Glasgow
Favorite Book: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius.html
Latest Review: Dynomike: Pay It Forward by Frankie B. Rabbit
fav_author_id: 187887

Post by Julius_ »

I've also read and reviewed the book. The author developed a universe in such an interesting way. I'm glad your summary covers the book well. Thanks for the review.
We're all philosophers. When there's a tough choice to be made, when faced with the facts of birth,love or death or simply when thinking about what we want to do with our lives.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”