Review by Sarah Tariq -- Ripcord Recovery by T.T. Sawyer

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Review by Sarah Tariq -- Ripcord Recovery by T.T. Sawyer

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Ripcord Recovery" by T.T. Sawyer.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Ripcord Recovery by T.T. Sawyer is the unique book of its kind in a way that the anecdotal treatise for the bottle addicts has not been written by any doctor or psychotherapist; instead, it has been written by a man who spent almost three decades in fighting with addiction (alcoholism), recovery, relapse, and rehabilitation and turned out a survivor.

Just at the age of 22, the author suffered through the Post-Acute Withdrawals (PAW) that lasted about a year. His twenty-two year of sobriety and then relapsing into the death spiral, and his efforts to rehab himself using his treatment methodologies using Marijuana and Cannabis along with spiritual awakening is a good source of inspiration and recovery for other addicts who still find themselves caught in the relapse death spiral. The author openly shared his fears, rehabilitation methods, the impact of addiction on his family life, and his efforts to maintain his recovery.

The most promising element of this book is the author’s genuineness, honesty, and commitment to make this short book a helping guide for other alcoholics and addicts. He began to use alternative methods (Marijuana and Cannabis) when typical medication stopped working to heal up his shattered body and mind and these opiates like Marijuana (Cannabis) appeared to be the most prizing methods that helped to cure his illness. His strong determination and believe proved to be miraculous for his healing process. Since Marijuana was considered illegal (not approved by FDA), he used only legal methods to buy it from recreational shops. As an addiction counselor, he would participate in the AA community to collaborate with other addicts and find the roadmap for their further recovery.

Every new chapter in the book opens with an interesting drawing that depicts the author’s state of rehabilitation and the overall chapter’s content, and this makes a book a bit more interesting. The disliking element was this that the book mostly based on personal experiences. Even, the author was shied to share the dose of Marijuana he would take for his self-healing (he has his reason for this). However, this way may create doubts in the mind of readers who go for properly researched products. And of course, not every person can apply this same strategy for his addiction symptoms. Thus, the scope of this strategy can be limited.

Furthermore, the book seems to be professionally edited as I found only a few minor mistakes. I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars as it lacks any scientific proof. However, the book would be a source of hope for many addicts who have lost the hope of recovery. Nevertheless, the readers who don’t appreciate personal experiments with opiates should steer clear of it as this book won’t inspire them.

Ripcord Recovery
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
La Cabra
Currently Reading: Jag är Zlatan
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-la-cabra.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by La Cabra »

I like that you highlighted the genuineness of the author, I think that would make this book very interesting to read. While I do not know anyone who suffers from a drug addiction, subjects such as recovery from addictions hold a lot of insight and lessons for all kinds of people. Whether they are people with social media addictions, people stuck in bad relationships or people who struggle with crippling self-hate, with such books, I think a lot of people will find something they can learn from and appreciate. Thanks for your honest review.
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

The author seems very sincere about trying to reach more people with his story, and it seems like an inspiring read. Thanks for the review!
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

La Cabra wrote: 29 Nov 2019, 10:39 I like that you highlighted the genuineness of the author, I think that would make this book very interesting to read. While I do not know anyone who suffers from a drug addiction, subjects such as recovery from addictions hold a lot of insight and lessons for all kinds of people. Whether they are people with social media addictions, people stuck in bad relationships or people who struggle with crippling self-hate, with such books, I think a lot of people will find something they can learn from and appreciate. Thanks for your honest review.
Well, everyone can deduct inferences according to his/her situation. However, here, this book is purely about drug addiction and its consequences. Thanks for giving feedback!

📕📖📰📓📕
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Sarah Tariq wrote: 30 Nov 2019, 01:56
La Cabra wrote: 29 Nov 2019, 10:39 I like that you highlighted the genuineness of the author, I think that would make this book very interesting to read. While I do not know anyone who suffers from a drug addiction, subjects such as recovery from addictions hold a lot of insight and lessons for all kinds of people. Whether they are people with social media addictions, people stuck in bad relationships or people who struggle with crippling self-hate, with such books, I think a lot of people will find something they can learn from and appreciate. Thanks for your honest review.
Well, everyone can deduce inferences according to his/her situation. However, here, this book is purely about drug addiction and its consequences. Thanks for giving feedback!
I correct it with 'deduce'.

📕📖📰📓📕
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

gen_g wrote: 29 Nov 2019, 20:12 The author seems very sincere about trying to reach more people with his story, and it seems like an inspiring read. Thanks for the review!
Of course gen_g, it will give some sort of inspiration or hope to addicts. But I think more research is required to prove the worth of this herb for rehabilitating addicts. Thanks for giving feedback!

📕📖📰📓📕
LeDiplomatique
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lediplomatique.html
Latest Review: Basket of Brazilian Tales by Manfred u. Osterroht

Post by LeDiplomatique »

I love how you describe the elements of the book. Many people struggle with addictions and this sounds like a story that would inspire many. Thanks for the insightful review.
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

I'm glad he was able to get his life back on track. I hope he is not substituting one addiction for another. Thank you for the wonderful review!
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

yeah, it's a message of hope for other addicts. Thanks for giving feedback, Prisallen!

📕📖📰📓📕
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

Its a good thing his uncoventional methods worked for him. You are right, proper research needs to be done to be sure it is safe for everyone. Great review!
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
Aniza Butt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aniza-butt.html
Latest Review: Aurona by BB Prescott

Post by Aniza Butt »

The best content about a problem comes from the person who has gone through that problem, and am sure the book is of great help to the people who want to get rid of their addiction.
Thanks a lot for the review Sarah☺.
"Fine...Make your villain."
`Darkling`
Latest Review: Aurona by BB Prescott
Bianka Walter
Favorite Book: The Old Man and the Sea
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 368
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianka-walter.html
Latest Review: Thir13en by Keegan Nielsen
Reading Device: B06XD5YCKX

Post by Bianka Walter »

This is a really interesting subject - I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Great review :)
You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.
- Dr. Seuss
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Cotwani wrote: 13 Dec 2019, 10:34 Its a good thing his uncoventional methods worked for him. You are right, proper research needs to be done to be sure it is safe for everyone. Great review!
Yeah, research gives credibility to a particular method. Thanks for commenting, Cotwani!

📕📖📰📓📕
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Aniza Butt wrote: 30 Dec 2019, 11:24 The best content about a problem comes from the person who has gone through that problem, and am sure the book is of great help to the people who want to get rid of their addiction.
Thanks a lot for the review Sarah☺.
No doubt Aniza, the personal experience of a person holds water. But to make this method safe, we need to make sure whether it is applicable for every one or not. What kind of addictions can be treated with this? It can be experimented in rehabilitation centers for addicts. If it fulfils requirement,then is okay.
Thanks for commenting!

📕📖📰📓📕
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

LeDiplomatique wrote: 04 Dec 2019, 06:35 I love how you describe the elements of the book. Many people struggle with addictions and this sounds like a story that would inspire many. Thanks for the insightful review.
I think this book can give addicts a kind of hope and they can also for this or some other solution to come out of their unending trauma. Thanks for giving feedback!

📕📖📰📓📕

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”