Review by maxiphemmax -- E-M-P Honeymoon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
maxiphemmax
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maxiphemmax.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Review by maxiphemmax -- E-M-P Honeymoon

Post by maxiphemmax »

[Following is a volunteer review of "E-M-P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer is a fiction novel that follows the lives of Kelly and Tom Turbulo, a newlywed who just returned from their wedding in New Mexico. Now on their honeymoon in Honduras, the wife Kelly stumble upon a secret lab with suspicious activity. Failing to unravel this attack could result in chaos and doom to the entire citizen of the United States of America.

Investigating this attack involve sending out of special agent, one from the CIA, agent Steve Spalding and two from the office of the secretary to the United State, Agatha and Sharon. These agents, who the author often referred to as Team USA, devices different strategies in annihilating this terrorist attack. At the terrorist side, Sue Lynn Reese is battling so hard with his crew to meet a minimum assembling time for their rocket and missiles. This goes a lot in proving his worth to his superiors, General Lee and Dear Leader. Meanwhile, General Lee also have his own design and lunching ultimatum to meet, else he has to kiss his freedom goodbye.

One of my favourite aspect of this book is the way the author incorporates some humorous and some element of sarcastic in the character used. Being able to make some lively humour while trying to foil, disarmed and neutralise a terrorist attack is somewhat commendable. In addition, being a book with many characters as well as different scenes, Dorothy May Mercer usage of additional illustrations and subheading is quite awesome, as this really aid in quick reading and understanding. Well, the book only spans for a few days, so the subheading goes a long way as navigator. Another fantastic aspects of this book are the supporting characters. Even though the main plot focuses on Kelly and Tom, supporting cast such as Steve and Sharon could be seen sharing some intimate scene, while Agatha cannot let go of her lively self. Cynthia and Jo are on another level of sarcasm.

While I did enjoy this book because I found it so captivating, however, I found a few errors such as missing words, grammatical error, or missed punctuation. Nevertheless, these have little or no impact in distracting the storyline. Another issue, which I quite question, is the way the author portrayed the terrorist. It was as if they are such a novice. As I asked myself, how can people capable of travelling nuke heads undetected via the coast of USA be so unaware of their environment to not know they are being spied on? Even when the team USA took the handset given to them. I guess the author created a soft spot for the team USA.

I indeed desired to give this fascinating story 4 stars. However, the few issues mentioned above will not let me. Therefore, I rate E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer 3 out of 4 stars. This book will be good for teenagers and adult, and for readers seeking a simple light story. But, if you are looking for more suspense or deep intense romance novel, this might not work for you.

E-M-P Honeymoon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
AntonelaMaria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-antonelamaria.html
Latest Review: Voices of liberty in tribute to the American revolution by Robert Keiper

Post by AntonelaMaria »

I read this book as well. I agree with your points about the plot even though I focused on my review more on characters. Thank you for pointing that too. Great review!
“Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”
The Minpins by Roald Dahl
maxiphemmax
Currently Reading:

Post by maxiphemmax »

AntonelaMaria wrote: 24 Dec 2019, 11:43 I read this book as well. I agree with your points about the plot even though I focused on my review more on characters. Thank you for pointing that too. Great review!
Thanks for this. I'll surely go check your review. :D
Bukola02
Currently Reading: Prince Player
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bukola02.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by Bukola02 »

The plot is truly less of suspense and somehow not that full of romance, however the author gets this good story going. Thanks for your review.
maxiphemmax
Currently Reading:

Post by maxiphemmax »

Bukola02 wrote: 03 Feb 2020, 03:47 The plot is truly less of suspense and somehow not that full of romance, however the author gets this good story going. Thanks for your review.
You're right. Thanks for checking.
Oyedeji Okikioluwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 964
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-orizon.html
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi

Post by Oyedeji Okikioluwa »

I love Dorothy May Mercer's book and your review makes it enticing to read. Great review.
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi
maxiphemmax
Currently Reading:

Post by maxiphemmax »

Orizon wrote: 05 Feb 2020, 08:15 I love Dorothy May Mercer's book and your review makes it enticing to read. Great review.
Thanks Orizon
Anthony__
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Its Saddest Sound by Pirjo Marjut Vega-Brandt

Post by Anthony__ »

Your view is well written. I think I am curious to see some humorous and some element of sarcastic that the authored introduced in the characters. Great review.
Fem187
Currently Reading: Empowered
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fem187.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Post by Fem187 »

E M P Honeymoon is a fictitious story written by Dorothy May Mercer on the lives of Kelly and Tom Turbulo and their accidental discovery of a plot to attack the united states while on their honeymoon in Honduras. This is definitely a wonderful review. Thanks so much.
Pstodumeje
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pstodumeje.html

Post by Pstodumeje »

This is my favorite type of genre. I like an agent and FBI type of books. The development of characters in this book is flawless.
Veraok
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 307
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veraok.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Veraok »

The curious of the knowing what the book entails from the book cover and your review, really made the book a must read for me. Excellent review
KenzyO
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by KenzyO »

This story about united front in fight terrorism is so compelling. And I indeed found this review so captivating, I would love to read this book soon.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”