Review by Beatus -- Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoo...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Beatus
Currently Reading: Homicide
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beatus.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Review by Beatus -- Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoo...

Post by Beatus »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R. F. Kristi is a book that will make a lot of young readers fall in love with detective work. It is a children’s book about a company of cats that are passionate about solving criminal cases. In this book, the leading cat, Inca, leads a team of friends to find a stolen antique sword and other treasures belonging to a museum in Sri Lanka. The author did a marvelous job in setting in motion all the overlapping events as well as keeping the main story interesting.

While reading this book, I felt like a child once again. It felt like an ice cream cone that is so uniquely flavored that you don’t want it to finish. While vacationing in a seaside village of Galle, the cats met some friends, Rani the sea turtle and mama elephant and her daughter, Meena. As they enjoyed the golden sands on the nearby beach, they managed to follow through a tedious process to find the missing pieces of the puzzle to solve the crime.

The author developed the characters very well. The cats, Fromage, Carla, and Charlotte, think and behave like humans. They even consider themselves French. Imagine! I really liked how the author made a cat think and act rationally. I am still thinking about what my two dogs in my country farmhouse talk about when they think of me.

If I am being honest and fair, the book has nothing to dislike. At least not to me. In fact, I have formed an opinion that Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R. F. Kristi deserves a 4 out of 4 stars rating. Yes, I did find some typos. However, they have not convinced me that the story or the book, in general, is of lesser quality. Easy to read, understandable, humorous, and engaging. To me, it seemed like a professional editor went through it.

I am an adult. And I would say to those that love a good children’s story, like me, this is your book. Kids of about 6 to 11 years old would also enjoy this book very much. So if you decide to pick this book, for yourself or your children, please do enjoy the illustrations.

Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Anna180
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Anna180 »

Being a lover of animation..this book really got my attention
The author is really good with personification.. I recommend this book not only to you readers but to adults to..
There is alot to learn from it and animal lovers will find it really interesting😊
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: People we meet on vacation
Bookshelf Size: 2398
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

While reading this book, I felt like a child once again. It felt like an ice cream cone that is so uniquely flavored that you don’t want it to finish

I absolutely love this comparison!
How exciting that a book can bring back that childhood amazement that we often lose as adults!
And I do wonder what my cat thinks of me... probably something wicked. :P
Great review, thanks!
Reynaa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reynaa.html
Latest Review: Sucsexful: by Rachel Martin

Post by Reynaa »

Lovely review! To the point, yet informative. I really want to read this to my 4 year old, a little younger than your recommendation, but I think he'd enjoy it.
bookreviewmi1111
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookreviewmi1111.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by bookreviewmi1111 »

A book of a team of animals who are detectives, it was so interesting. Reading how animals befriend each other really gave a smile on my face. Nice review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”