Review by Sam Ibeh -- A Thousand Seeds of Joy

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The vampires: Sodom and Gomorrah by Levănt DuPrae

Review by Sam Ibeh -- A Thousand Seeds of Joy

Post by Sam Ibeh »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Thousand Seeds of Joy" by Ananda Karunesh.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever imagined the possibility of living joyfully every moment of your life? In a world filled with pain, hatred, and misery, this seems like a far-fetched reality. However, Ananda Karunesh explains how possible it is to attain this primordial state of joy in A Thousand Seeds of Joy.

A Thousand Seeds of Joy by Ananda Karunesh is a documentation of a series of conversations the author had with Goddess Lakshmi and Goddess Saraswati. These divine beings are believed to be responsible for ensuring that love and joy are experienced by inhabitants of the Earth. In the course of their conversations, the author was introduced to the concept of primordial joy that exists in infinite emptiness. The author documents his journey to unravel this concept that reaches beyond human understanding. What is this primordial joy? How does it relate to infinite emptiness? How can it be attained?

When I started reading this book, I was a little skeptical about how extreme the author would get in conveying his message. This was because I saw it as a book with a strong religious inclination. The foundation on which the book was laid could be traced to Buddhism and Hinduism. The author repeatedly used words like “chakra”, “Yin”, and “Yang”. These words have their roots in the Buddha and Hindu religions. Some common names associated with these religions were frequently mentioned. However, the author was careful not to disrespect other religions in this book. This was what I liked most about the book. Though this book was anecdotal, the author did not fail to be objective in his approach. The times he mentioned Christianity, he did not flagrantly disrespect the religion. This, for me, was commendable.

Another thing I liked was the arrangement of the book. The book was broken into seven parts. Each part consisted of a collection of thoughts. These were further broken into chapters. I was able to flow seamlessly as I read the book. The breaks afforded me the opportunity to ponder on each part. I was able to fairly understand most of the metaphysical concepts of this book during my brief moments of meditation. In addition, the conversations between the author and the goddesses were easy to follow. There was a clear-cut distinction between the author’s speeches and those of the goddesses. It felt like I was somewhere in the room listening to them have those interesting conversations.

I also enjoyed the author’s writing style. He was as simple as he could be. There was no unnecessary use of ambiguous terms or words. This was important considering the metaphysical nature of this book. His simplicity made it very easy for me to read the book to the end.

There was nothing I disliked about this book. It was well written and professionally edited. I rate it 4 out of 4 stars. I would recommend this book to everyone. Though it stems from Buddhism and Hinduism, the core message of this book would be of benefit to everyone, regardless of religious leaning.

A Thousand Seeds of Joy
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
LauraLeeWasHere
Favorite Author: Jess Lederman
Favorite Book: David Copperfield
Currently Reading: Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 182
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lauraleewashere.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer
fav_author_id: 164792

Post by LauraLeeWasHere »

Thank you for an impressive review. It seemed straightforward, gave a concise overview and spoke to any concerns people of other faiths may have. Your own respectfulness came through and I felt I could trust your opinions and recommendations.

Great work!

LLR
And they sang a new song saying,
"You are worthy to take the book,
and to open its to seals,
for You were slain and have redeemed us to God,
by your blood, out of every tribe and tongue and people and Nation." Rev. 5:9
NKJ & KJV
Sam Ibeh
Currently Reading:

Post by Sam Ibeh »

LauraLeeWasHere wrote: 16 Nov 2019, 23:36 Thank you for an impressive review. It seemed straightforward, gave a concise overview and spoke to any concerns people of other faiths may have. Your own respectfulness came through and I felt I could trust your opinions and recommendations.

Great work!

LLR
Thanks for your kind words. I'm glad you loved the review.
Nkoo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkoo.html
Latest Review: 50 Fabulous Women by Janiece McCarthy

Post by Nkoo »

One must require an open mind to read and appreciate this kind of book. It was good to know that the author also showed respect for other religions. I enjoyed reading your review, thanks.
Sam Ibeh
Currently Reading:

Post by Sam Ibeh »

Nkoo wrote: 19 Nov 2019, 12:45 One must require an open mind to read and appreciate this kind of book. It was good to know that the author also showed respect for other religions. I enjoyed reading your review, thanks.
I couldn't agree any less. There's need to read this book with an open mind. Thanks for your kind words.
LinaMueller
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 261
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linamueller.html
Latest Review: The Wingless Fairy by Kye Strothers

Post by LinaMueller »

This sounds like a fairly complex read. I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. Great review.
Heart! We will forget him!
You an I, tonight!
You may forget the warmth he gave,
I will forget the light.

When you have done, pray tell me
That I my thoughts may dim;
Haste! lest while you're lagging.
I may remember him!

Emily Dickinson
Sam Ibeh
Currently Reading:

Post by Sam Ibeh »

LinaMueller wrote: 21 Nov 2019, 14:15 This sounds like a fairly complex read. I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. Great review.
The author did well to simplify the concept. That's why I was able to enjoy it. Thanks for your kind words.
That Reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-that-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Unspoken Things The Inlightenment by Wilfred Thomas

Post by That Reviewer »

It's great to see that the author made the book simple enough for anyone to read. I enjoyed reading your review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”