Review by shravsi -- The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
shravsi
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Crime and Punishment
Bookshelf Size: 115
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shravsi.html
Latest Review: Sam the Chosen by Wally Jones

Review by shravsi -- The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by shravsi »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Reel Sisters is a mesmerizing tale about female friendship and fly fishing written by Michelle Cummings. The book sets an enchanting spell on you with its characters, who linger around you even after devouring the book.

The delightful story revolves around fly fishing and five unique ladies. Rose is the uncrowned matriarch of the group, with her dog DJ, Dame Juliana. She is a considerate grandma and a formidable teaser. Sophie is a farm girl in her forties with a roaring nursery business. She can naturally do any hard-physical work except, date someone. Veronica is the CEO of executive coaching for women, with an exhausting schedule. She has a lovely handsome chef husband Thatcher. Amanda is a young military wife with a teaching job and single parenting two kids on her own. Melody is a nude photographer with an artistic eye but living a rebellious lifestyle. How do they meet? Can they stay together instead of judge each other? Does their age difference or living style clash with each other? Or do they overcome everything to generously support each other? How fly fishing affects their life? What tragedy befalls them or do they live happily ever after? To find out, read the book.

The book was fabulous. I could picture every scene in the book. Even though there are many characters, the author has done a great job in weaving a beautiful story around fly fishing. The book compelled me to want to go out and connect with nature, to attain my inner peace. The friendship described in the book is something everyone should have in life.

The eternal struggle of a military wife is revealed through Amanda, working relentlessly to make ends meet but trying hard to have some alone time. The characters are so genuine, I’m convinced I associate with them. Even the dog’s name DJ contains an extraordinary story of bravery. There is a harmonious balance in the tale with every emotion possible. I sufficiently learned about the graceful art of fly fishing. I wish I could have a secure heaven like Rose’s cabin, where I could escape sometimes in a year. I don’t know if I will ever meet any great friends like this group accidentally, but I will try being friendly and helpful whenever possible in any small way. This book shows that even a slight helpful gesture towards some else can positively impact their life.

There are no noticeable errors in the book, and it seems to be well-edited. If the author ever writes part two of the book, I will gladly read it because so much story cannot be uncovered in a single book. I wholeheartedly rate this book four out of four stars. This is a light-hearted fiction, not a scholarly book. Those who appreciate books about female friendships will gladly like this book.

The Reel Sisters
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Juliet+1
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Elephants of Style
Currently Reading: A New American Evolution
Bookshelf Size: 302
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliet-1.html
Latest Review: Your Smart Home Voyage by Gary Rockis

Post by Juliet+1 »

I really like the way you profiled each of the five characters. And the dog too! Thanks for a great review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”