Review by Falconcrest -- The Neigbour At Number 18 (Reload)

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Falconcrest
Currently Reading: Brass Rail
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-falconcrest.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Review by Falconcrest -- The Neigbour At Number 18 (Reload)

Post by Falconcrest »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Neigbour At Number 18 (Reload)" by Hawa Crickmore.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Neighbor At Number 18 (Reload) by Hawa Crickmore is a novel in the other fiction genre. Brenda is a widowed mother of three children who then meets Maureen a recently separated mother of two children, and they soon become good friends. Brenda's daughter Maria and Maureen's daughter Emilia also eventually become very close friends. Emilia who consequently happened to be Maria's senior at their high school soon becomes a role model for her young playmate. As the story progresses Emilia is then blackmailed by her cousin Tyler into the role of a school sex recruiter (SSR) and after a while she tries to entice Maria into a dangerous pedophile trap. It is only by the interventions of the authorities that Maria is miraculously saved.

Maria eventually grows up to be a successful lawyer and advocates for children in the British judicial system. While Emilia suddenly vanishes into thin air. The authors writing style is slightly confusing as some characters are not consistent with her Storyline. This disjointedness left my head spinning with a lot of unanswered questions.

The book also contains a lot of typographical errors, and these errors made it a rough read as I tried to assemble and understand what message the author was trying to convey? This book's theme is also unique and conveys a very strong directive that I found extremely helpful and educational.

The Neighbor At Number 18 (Reload) has a refreshing theme and a very imaginative plot. I sincerely applaud the author for a truly dynamic Storyline. This book consists of some really catchy headings at the beginning of every chapter. It also contains some Humour and grief, but then tends to explore serious topics that affect our everyday lives. There are a number of elements I enjoyed like the authors use of simple straight forward terminologies and wordings. It is a very difficult book to put down, and has a touching and compelling story filled with stimulating emotions.

There are also a number of aspects I disliked about this book. Unfortunately this book was not professionally proofread, and they were also some characters in the book that abruptly ended without a conclusion, and this became very frustrating and disappointing. I therefore award The Neighbor At Number 18 (Reload) by Hawa Crickmore 2 out of 4 Stars. I firmly believe that with proper editing it can easily be a three-star book. This book will definitely appeal to couples and people in relationships and I also strongly recommend this book to people above 18years of age because of its borderline profanity and erotic content.

The Neigbour At Number 18 (Reload)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

The heading is enticing, the storyline intriguing. Its unfortunate about the poor editing and execution. Thanks for the great review!
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
Falconcrest

Post by Falconcrest »

That was the only drawback with the book otherwise it's an interesting read, and thanks for stopping by.
Kathleen Wolfe
Favorite Book: The Hour Game
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kathleen-wolfe.html

Post by Kathleen Wolfe »

The title of this book gave me the idea that there would be a stalker involved or a creepy neighbour but this plot-line does seem interesting. I am curious about it but the errors are a bit of a let down. I hope the author brushes it up a bit more. Thanks for an engaging review!
Aniza Butt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aniza-butt.html
Latest Review: Aurona by BB Prescott

Post by Aniza Butt »

I think i won't be reading this one as it isn't my kind. But am glad that the theme is strong one.
Thanks for the review Falconcrest☺
"Fine...Make your villain."
`Darkling`
Latest Review: Aurona by BB Prescott
InStoree
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-instoree.html
Latest Review: The Mermaid Broker by Sue Hinkin

Post by InStoree »

It does seem to highlight some educational aspects. Although the editorial factor could be overlooked, I don't think the confusing parts would be easy to neglect. I hope the author will consider your advice. Thank you for your review!
Love is the only power out there that trumps hatred, grief, sadness, or anger.
~Tayma Tameem
Falconcrest

Post by Falconcrest »

I truly believe that every book has a message no matter how bad the grammar or editing. Thank you all for your inspiring comments, and thanks for taking time to read my review.
Falconcrest

Post by Falconcrest »

Aniza Butt wrote: 15 Sep 2019, 08:20 I think i won't be reading this one as it isn't my kind. But am glad that the theme is strong one.
Thanks for the review Falconcrest☺
Oh yes, most definitely it does have a strong theme and your welcome. Thanks for taking the time to read my review.
Falconcrest

Post by Falconcrest »

Kathleen Wolfe wrote: 15 Sep 2019, 06:30 The title of this book gave me the idea that there would be a stalker involved or a creepy neighbour but this plot-line does seem interesting. I am curious about it but the errors are a bit of a let down. I hope the author brushes it up a bit more. Thanks for an engaging review!
Oh yes, most definitely they were a stalker in the story. I didn't want to divulge too much and spoil it for you. Your welcome and thanks for your amazing comments.
Falconcrest

Post by Falconcrest »

Cotwani wrote: 11 Sep 2019, 16:16 The heading is enticing, the storyline intriguing. It's unfortunate about the poor editing and execution. Thanks for the great review!
Yes, I agree with you. It is a shame and I hope the author has the book professionally edited. Thanks for stopping by.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”