Review by byebye98 -- Looking Glass Friends by E L Neve

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kaitlyn Canedy
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 507
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Review by byebye98 -- Looking Glass Friends by E L Neve

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Looking Glass Friends" by E L Neve.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Two people are stuck in different worlds, and each wants something to change. The days go by, and the same old routine continues in each of their lives. Neither Ellie nor Neil knew that they would become so dependent on each other, at least at first. Looking Glass by E. L. Neve is a love story that can tug at the heartstrings of the reader with ease.

The first characters that are introduced are Neil and Fay, a married couple. As the story progressed, I started to feel terrible for Fay; she had found out secrets about her husband and started to suffer from so much heartbreak. The more that I read about Fay and her perspective in this story, the more I felt bad for her. I found myself crying after reading her parts of the story; I could not help myself!

What I liked about this book were the realistic traits that it used. At the beginning of the book, the author says that the story used real love letters to create this book. It is obvious throughout the story; the struggles that every character in this story has is relatable to real-life situations. If I had to imagine a love triangle or a divorce due to adultery, I feel that this book would fit into both categories.

There were a few traits in this book that I was not fond of. One of the characters, Jake, came off as a pervert to me. He only saw Ellie as a sex object, but nothing more. There were times when he genuinely tried to love her, but it would always end with Jake making sexual references to her. This kind of love is very gross and immature, in my opinion. I did see a few profanities in this book, but the level of profanity present was minimal compared to other books that I have read.

I did not see a single grammatical or punctuational error in this book; it was flawless. I have no reason to believe that this book was not professionally edited; it was perfect. I can say with full confidence that this book gets a 4 out of 4 stars from me! When I saw the title of this book, I expected it to be a sappy romance filled with sex and lust. This book was not what I expected, in a good way. I recommend this book to adults that like to read romance novels. If you are younger or have had a negative experience with love, you may want to skip this one as it may bring up bad memories.

Looking Glass Friends
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo
Tomah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomah.html
Latest Review: Greta Gar BITCH by Kimber Leigh

Post by Tomah »

I've been meaning to read this book for a while now, as it seems like an interesting, mature look into relationships. Alas, there's so much to read and so little time. Anyway, thanks for the review!
Anon_Reviewer
Favorite Book: A Thousand Splendid Suns
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anon-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Anon_Reviewer »

From the title and cover, it would be easy to assume the book is just another sappy romance. I'm glad it proved otherwise. It's also a bonus that it was well edited and had relatable characters with real stories. Great review. Thank you! :D
Aniza Butt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aniza-butt.html
Latest Review: Aurona by BB Prescott

Post by Aniza Butt »

Certainly not my type. Glad you liked it. Thanks for the review :tiphat:
"Fine...Make your villain."
`Darkling`
Latest Review: Aurona by BB Prescott

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”