Review by roatanmama -- The Elf Accord - Book Four of th...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
roatanmama
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roatanmama.html
Latest Review: The Cartel Crusher by Dan E. Hendrickson
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review by roatanmama -- The Elf Accord - Book Four of th...

Post by roatanmama »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Elf Accord - Book Four of the Magi Charter" by Jordan David.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Elf Accord, Book Four of the Magi Charter, is the fourth book in the nine-part series of the Magi Charter by Jordan David. The Elf Accord begins in Klaus Valley, Austria, and vividly describes the adventures and travails of this particular group of people as they travel though much of the Holy Roman Empire in order to reach the North Pole.

In 1155 Santa Johan discovers Leopold and brings him to Klaus Valley to pass on the craft skills that a Santa needs. Leopold’s workshop is fairly large, allowing him to deliver small gifts to children in Austria in December. During Leopold’s time in Klaus Valley, unrest is brewing, and Lord Guy Babenberg, an unscrupulous and nefarious usurper, is intent on taking over the newly created Austrian kingdom. Lady Serapha travels the world over locating those who will best serve Leopold’s mission, and she brings him news that they must all leave quickly before Lord Guy takes over and kills them all. Leopold is skeptical, but accepts that Lady Serapha knows many things he doesn’t.

Leopold’s helpers load up their supplies onto wagons and begin the trek north. Lady Serapha hasn’t told anyone exactly where they are going, only that it is north. Along the way they escape the clutches of Lord Guy and meet many characters who join them, among them a group of Knights Templar and Oren, a very tall and skilled hunter with a knack for telling stories. When they reach the north end of Scotland, Lady Serapha’s friend, Nelrim, joins the group and uses his Runes to transport them to the far north. How they build a town is magical beyond belief.

I rate this 4 out of 4 stars. The story is spell-binding, sweet, and well-written. Jordan David has a knack for making the impossible seem possible. His books are easy to read, and his imagination is a delight. There isn’t anything I didn’t like or could critique about this book.

We all know where the story ends, but this is the first time we hear of their adventures in getting to the North Pole. We learn how they set everything up, how they made friends with the living Snow People and the Bear Clans, and how Santa Leopold was finally able to deliver presents worldwide in just one night.

The Elf Accord delivers us this charming tale of reindeer, elves, magic, friendships, heroics, persistence, and faith in God and one another. This book is suitable for all ages. I would have no trouble reading this series to a 4-year-old or a 94-year-old. I highly recommend not only Book Four, but all nine books in the Magi Charter.

The Elf Accord - Book Four of the Magi Charter
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Bambiears
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bambiears.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Bambiears »

Well done reveiw thank you. Not long back I myself finished reading and reveiwing this book.

It was the first one of the series I had ever gotten my hands on. But felt it was very well done and easly stood alone as a good read as well as combined with a series.

Now I Have just finished book five and it takes the reader to even higher levels of interest.

I cant wait to get the review on book five finished up and sent to be published.

David Jordan is the only author I know of that keeps his reader intrested in a series by story telling merits alone.

Thanks again for the time spent on providing this reveiw.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”